Support VWWC

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Towbar Information

Users Country Flag

Well this is one shot of the car from the rear with no tow bar attached...

Towbar Information-img_8989-jpg
    Last edited by slipshot; 26-05-2015 at 03:15 PM.
    2010 R36 (MY10.5), Biscay Blue, RNS510, MDI, Electric tailgate, sunroof, Superchips remap - SOLD
    2016 Octavia VRS wagon, moon white, Tech Pack, 18" black pack, electric boot, panoramic sunroof, Bluefin

Users Country Flag
    Looking forward to seeing a shot up close and underneath too if possible please mate. You're a great help for posting as people with R36's generally don't have tow balls on them. Appreciate your post.
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Users Country Flag
    Ok gents, as requested, here's some pics taken this morning with me angling the phone as best I can. Very sorry for the quality. People walking past looking at the mentalist trying to angle his phone up under his car no doubt had a chortle!

Towbar Information-towbar1-jpg

Towbar Information-towbar2-jpg

Towbar Information-towbar3-jpg

Towbar Information-towbar5-jpg

Towbar Information-towebar4-jpg

Towbar Information-towbar6-jpg
    2010 R36 (MY10.5), Biscay Blue, RNS510, MDI, Electric tailgate, sunroof, Superchips remap - SOLD
    2016 Octavia VRS wagon, moon white, Tech Pack, 18" black pack, electric boot, panoramic sunroof, Bluefin

Users Country Flag
    Let me know if anything is not clear or you want alternative images... and I'll get some with the tow ball in place when i can.

Andy

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for the photos mate. I think we get the idea as to what is going on under there. A photo or two with the tow ball on would be great too. Thanks heaps.
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

I have had a 1500kg Hayman Reese bar fitted to my R36 wagon by Arrow towbars in Brisbane for $1000. Brilliant job done at my house. Some head scratching at integrating the electronics module, but it all worked out well. If I knew how to post photos I would do so - it looks very neat...

Users Country Flag
    Do you have photobucket or dropbox or any of those. You can provide links to photos using those if you have them. If not, let me know and I'll pm you my email address. Very interested in checking it out mate if you don't mind.

Thought you might like to see my (Hayman Reece 02965RW) R36 towbar.. installed by Arrow Towbars in Brisbane last year for $1000 at my house. 1800kg / 90kg and very very neatly done. Tows a boat on a trailer real well, and (now that I've had the Haldex repaired by P&P in Brisbane!) drags it up the ramp without missing a beat. I'm really happy with this setup although of course ground clearance is always a problem... Photos below show work in progress as well as the finished item, and a (not very good) shot of the R36 with 6m RIB behind.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Towbar Information-dscf0310-jpg   Towbar Information-img_1340-jpg  

Towbar Information-img_1331-jpg  

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for the photos mate. Looks good. Will have to get you out for a meet one of these days. Trying to get as many R36's together as we can sometime.

Users Country Flag

OK, sorry for the delay - images with the tow bar attached and the actual bar itself which comes in a rather nice VW branded leather pouch (or it did when it was installed) which I think would have been at purchase or shortly after.

Towbar Information-tobar1-jpg

Towbar Information-towbar2-jpg

Towbar Information-towbar3-jpg

Towbar Information-towbar4-jpg

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast