Support VWWC

Thread: Splice into 12V in cabin

Users Country Flag

Splice into 12V in cabin

Is there a guide somewhere on how to remove the 12v accessories plug inside the cabin? I need to splice into a 12V constant inside the cabin and install an inline switch..

Car is: B7 Passat
    MY11 B7 Passat 125TDi Highline
    Pearl Mocca Anthracite | Electric and Heated Leather | Folding Mirrors | Sunroof | Adaptive Lighting Package | Footwell Lighting | Park Assist 2 | Lane Assist | RNS510 | R36 Pedals | Scirocco MFSW | Front Lip | 20" Suzuka Wheels | H&R Springs | De-Badged | VCDS Mods | Alpine Mono and 8" Subwoofer

Users Country Flag
    it might be better if you dismantle fuse box and use the proper repair wire and create a new circuit with it's own fuse. it isn't hard to do, just order the relevant repair wire from vw or audi.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Do you know if the B7 Passat come with a fuse card or something which shows which fuse is for which accessory?

Users Country Flag
    I don't think that there is. You just need to find the correct rail with whether it be perm (kl30) or ignition switched (kl15) then chop your repair wire in half, insert into the relevant blank slot and then connect that to your new equipment.

Refer to guide here

Addition of extra circuits to the Volkswagen Golf / Jetta / Passat / EOS / Scirocco / Rabbit fuse box | my-gti.com
    Last edited by booba; 08-05-2016 at 10:38 AM.

Users Country Flag
    A much easier way is to buy one of these and put it in one of the spare slots which have power in the top half of them Then you just need a bullet connector and you are away One of the two in the pic of the fuse box is permanent and one is acc. There are two size fuses as you see Top one is a mini and bottom is a standard. Just get the correct one. Otherwise buy and addafuse and put in an existing fuse socket. An Addafuse should be inserted with the wire facing down for it to work correctly
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Thanks Hillbilly. Just added this piggyback fuse, all done now.
    Installed a front parking camera which is concealed within the VW badge.
    MY11 B7 Passat 125TDi Highline
    Pearl Mocca Anthracite | Electric and Heated Leather | Folding Mirrors | Sunroof | Adaptive Lighting Package | Footwell Lighting | Park Assist 2 | Lane Assist | RNS510 | R36 Pedals | Scirocco MFSW | Front Lip | 20" Suzuka Wheels | H&R Springs | De-Badged | VCDS Mods | Alpine Mono and 8" Subwoofer