Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speaker replacement

Users Country Flag

Sorry guys but I have to laugh.

You don't get these issues in a MK2 GTI. I consider myself lucky if I can get all 4 speakers working at the same time and drown out the creaks and rattles.

Totally different world.

Cheers

Paul

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by wags View Post
    Mine has an amp under the passenger seat I think?
    I think it depends which of the three possible sound system packages you have. The mainstream Passats had an 8-speaker sound system, not sure if it had an amp under the driver's seat or not. The R36 has a more powerful 250w 8ch amp under the driver's seat, driving 10 speakers (basically the same as the 8-speaker system but with midrange drivers in the front doors. Then you could option in the Dynaudio package which came with upgraded speakers, and a 10 channel 600w amplifier.

Anyone know of anything local?
    I'd be interested too, if it is indeed plug and play and not excessively expensive.

Users Country Flag
    My R36 has the 10 speakers, but my amp is definitely under the front passenger seat! It seems factory, hiding under the plastic shroud. Nothing under my driver seat.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Hi, I have some sort of electronic device under the drivers seat, not sure what it, or what it does - someone told me it was the BlueTooth unit, but I doubt that.

Theres nothing under the passenger seat apart from a few old french fires from Macca's!

My R36 has the standard 10 speaker setup - front speakers are a 3 way setup and the rears a 2 way setup.

Users Country Flag
    I have the very plain jane standard speaker system in my R36 (with the old RCD500 head unit) and I checked it out on the weekend. I have the amp under the passenger seat and nothing under the drivers seat! Got my RCD510 now so that I can change it over and then install a reversing camera. Will see what issues I have with doing that!!
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Users Country Flag
    Where did you get dynaudio ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2006 vw golf gti APR Stage 2+ ,APR full exhaust, VWRacing cold air intake,APR fuel pump
    APR intake flap delete, tarmac intercooler, wheel spacers , R8 coil kits, new south performance gauges , bsc PVC revamp and heat shield, Koni sport shocks and springs set

Users Country Flag
    Hey Mate,

I brought focal gear from caraudiosecurity for front and rear, I think I paid $440 including deliver to OZ because we dont pay VAT.
    3-ways components for the front
    2-way components for the rear

Check out the install.
    2010 B6 VW Passat Audio Install Slideshow by S2MB | Photobucket

Running off a JL 5-ch amp...sub to come later. Sound is sooo good, even without the sub.

I dunno if you have a factory amp but if you don't, make sude you buy a decent hi-lo converter, there is a lot of cheap stuff out there.

Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Timlin View Post
    Hi, I have some sort of electronic device under the drivers seat, not sure what it, or what it does - someone told me it was the BlueTooth unit, but I doubt that.
    sure is. sits in a little foam carrier velcroed to the carpet.

same in Golf/Jetta/etc too.

Speaker replacement-$-kgrhqfhjdee9-0vl8g1bpmu-jkm-~~60_58-jpg

Users Country Flag

Hmmm... Mine doesn't have the foam carrier and it looks a little bigger than the one in the photo. It could well be what you say it is, I dunno, and to be 100% honest, I'm not that interested either. My BT is working, my speaker upgrade is working so I'm happy with the way things are.

Thanks for the pic though!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12