Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: She is here My12 V6 wagon...

Users Country Flag

She is here My12 V6 wagon...

Here goes with some pictures

and

Apologies for the quality...

I'll add my thoughts as i get time... mostly awsome or merely fantastic... occasionaly the odd PMO...

Had to go back to the dealer with a steering (off centre) and a cosmetic flaw with the MFD is with VWA.

Must have been built on a monday after too many "Blue Nuns"!

I think she looks awesome, and goes awsome...

Having a Gap Year!!!!
    what next?... what next?

Users Country Flag
    Nice...I can't wait for mine... I'm getting me a v6 next.
    Let me know when you smoke any fast cars with
    That v6.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Those are the Vicenzas... They are machined face but blacked out every where else, from 10 foot + away they look awesome, when you are two foot away you can discern the blacked out structure of the wheel they are a little busy, but I do like them (i just walk away from the car and THEN turn around to look back ...

I really like the way the car looks, the elements are all White, Black and Chrome... and I think they look good!, particularly with the amount of black in the headlights.... It is a shame they don't do the darkened taillights for this car.... that would just set it off.

there goes lunch break!

I am probably showing my age and my compact japanese turbo roots... but it is a bit like an old AE86 Trueno Panda! Anyhow, It turned out pretty nice I think ... having said that, I don't need to drive a Mona Lisa , but I aint prepared to drive a picasso (Subaru Liberty GT anyone?)

Having a Gap Year!!!!
    what next?... what next?

Sweeeeet..... It looks great, congrats mate.....

I agree completely with you on the look of the car. In the Candy white the elements come together perfectly but moreso with the dark tint. Did you get your fronts tinted to match the back, & did you have the rears done in a clear tint with full UV..? The Sport pack rears are only a tint from the factory not a full tint with UV. As for the tail light, maybe consider applying a tint..?

The Vicenza's do look good but you make a point about them that was the main reason I got rid of mine, they are too busy. But for sure, on the Candy white they look great.

Our cars are awesome pieces of kit mate & the R36 engine is a beauty. I have now done 2500kms & I can feel it starting to loosen up a bit...... Just keeps getting better...
    Last edited by Riker; 21-02-2012 at 12:11 PM.
    * MY12 B7 Passat V6 4-motion Highline wagon....
    * Sport pack (Kansas wheels) - Active cruise City EB - Driver Assist Vis pack - Auto tailgate - Candy White with dark tint.

If the Passat taillights are the same as the Golf then you can retrofit the LED ones:
    http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/foru...tml#post450590

Sadly no, they are different.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_R View Post
    If the Passat taillights are the same as the Golf then you can retrofit the LED ones:
    http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/foru...tml#post450590
    * MY12 B7 Passat V6 4-motion Highline wagon....
    * Sport pack (Kansas wheels) - Active cruise City EB - Driver Assist Vis pack - Auto tailgate - Candy White with dark tint.

Some things that I am not so happy about...

The Fricken hand brake! Give me a leaver I can yank! I have a difficult drive to exit, so I twist all the way around and put my seat belt on at the nature strip (i have large heritage trees, lots of pedestrian traffic + kids, tight with a curve and crowns back down onto the street... (the house was built when Holdens and Ford Anglias were narrow) Took me ten minutes to work out the handbrake would only disengage when the seatbelt was in...

the gearbox is perfect except for inching out of my driveway.... I am getting better at it, switch auto hold off, then turn it back on once on the street.

At this stage I am mightily dissapointed with the Dynaudio...

Whilst waiting at the dealer to get the steering addressed (monday am), two newish looking VW's arrived on the back of tilt trays... hmmm

Goes hard tho... running her in, but what do you do when two lanes go into one on an on ramp and a muppet in lancer turbo is dithering, so you acellerate to merge in front and they suddenly think it is a competition?

Too far gone to slam the brakes, figured it was safer to kick down and merge into the open space infront of him.

Quote of the day from my wife after that ... How come this car doesnt wistle like all your other fast cars did?... Its not a turbo honey... It isnt? Really?... Nope... Well it goes like one!...

Having a Gap Year!!!!
    what next?... what next?

Suppose the fuel bills are a tad higher then?

nah...

all previous turbos had higher fuel consumption than this thing... this is the most economical car I have ever owned... the final two in the shortlist ended up being out of this or a Holden SSV Redline Sportswagon 6 litre... so i am feelin positively Green!

Having a Gap Year!!!!
    what next?... what next?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast