Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: She is here My12 V6 wagon...

Users Country Flag

I guess I have to take note and look out for all this things
    when my car arrives.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hmmm for some reason "reply with quote" doesnt work whilst tethering...

So
    Snip
    Clip "I'd be getting rid of it sooner rather than later. Sounds like you have deep buyer remorse and that's hard to shift."
    EndSnip

It is not that bad yet, i love driving the car and looking at it... i'll judge it after VW has had a chance to rectify... just annoyed and venting... had I wanted an Alfa Romeo I would have bought an Alfa Romeo (love driving, love looking at, would have had plenty of time to be prepared for "idiosyncratices"...

Having a Gap Year!!!!
    what next?... what next?

Users Country Flag
    Does your 220fsi side mirrors fold electronically?
    I wonder if The tdi has that feature

Side mirrors do indeed fold, not sure if that is related to the fact the memory seats are on the v6 or if it is a straight highline thing.

Having a Gap Year!!!!
    what next?... what next?

Users Country Flag
    Just to let you all know, I have had my MY12.5 Passat V6 wagon for about 3 weeks. These are the issues I ahve found already.

1) Rattle underneathn rear (found to be a loose heat shield & since fixed)
    2) Steering wheel off centre
    3) Centre right air vent broken (vertical fins won't slide left or right)
    4) rear right wheel arch plastic moulding dust/direct deflector missing.

Points 2-4 are supposedly going to be fixed at the interim 7,500klm check up. I agree with FSI. I didn't buy a $70,000 car to have these crappy issues. Let's hope VW rectify & that is the end of it. Loving the driver feel though. It meets all my driving requirements & then some.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSI 220 View Post
    Hmmm for some reason "reply with quote" doesnt work whilst tethering...

So
    Snip
    Clip "I'd be getting rid of it sooner rather than later. Sounds like you have deep buyer remorse and that's hard to shift."
    EndSnip

It is not that bad yet, i love driving the car and looking at it... i'll judge it after VW has had a chance to rectify... just annoyed and venting... had I wanted an Alfa Romeo I would have bought an Alfa Romeo (love driving, love looking at, would have had plenty of time to be prepared for "idiosyncratices"...
    MY12.5 B7 V6 Passat wagon in Mocca Anthricite with Panoramic sunroof, SatNav, Driver Assistance & Visibility Package, Adaptive Cruise, Park Assist 2, Auto Tailgate,Tint, Towbar & RVC

Users Country Flag
    Could all this issue been picked up during pre delivery inspection? I mean this cars are built in Germany and
    They suppose to be of high standards coming from Germany ie BMW Audi Merc etc.
    I can understand if this is made in China etc but now this got me worried.

FSI, not the sort of thing you want from your brand new car..... After all that waiting & anticipation you have every right to feel pi**ed mate. Lets hope the VW techs can sort the issues to your satisfaction cos' these cars are awesome drives. It would be a shame to see it go due to a couple of irritating problems.

cru22z, don't panic mate, you don't have the car yet. No car company is immune from troubles with their new cars but not all cars come from the factory with niggles so look forward to it. Touching copious amounts of wood as I type my car is going fine, no rattles, shakes or funny clunks coming from anywhere.

Electric folding mirrors are standard on the V6 (memory seats) but from memory if you order a 125tdi or 118TSI with Driver assist package (xenon etc) or the memory seats option the folding mirrors are part of either of those options.

FSI, good luck mate.....
    * MY12 B7 Passat V6 4-motion Highline wagon....
    * Sport pack (Kansas wheels) - Active cruise City EB - Driver Assist Vis pack - Auto tailgate - Candy White with dark tint.

Quote Originally Posted by clip View Post
    Browns Mnt is a great drive for sure! Had an uncle that had a farm at Tilba Tilba, so used to spend a lot of time in that part of the world.
    RIP Brown Mountain

Snip

A mudslide has closed the road. There is a detour via Bombala to Pambula, on the Mount Darragh Road. At Coolumbooka there is a 12 tonne limit on the bridge. Heavy vehicles advised to use Kings Highway or Monaro Highway. The road will remain closed until further notice.

Endsnip

Unless you live in Pambula or Eden, that is a juicy detour, particularly if taken at 2 am (a typical approach time after a friday night leave)

Looking at the Glass half full... Havent driven down Mt Darrah Rd yet, sounds like a "put the box in sport, and the ACC as well" kinda road... and it will let the Wombat population recover at the bottom of Browns!

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Been a couple of weeks now, apart from the delivery issues i am pretty happy with her...

The HVAC thing I have gotten over, it would be like knocking back Cindy Crawford coz she has a mole on her face... And I know others have problems with it, but to my taste it is the best climate control I have had...

As a touring wagon I can get a fair enough amount of stuff in it (using the built in barrier and loading to the roof), it gives us options as we dont have to take the 4wd everywhere... it has enough power for safe overtaking...

The box is really impressive the way it selects gears, particularly in the engine braking on long down hills eg mt Ousley... but you would think VW would program it not to engine brake at 5000rpm whilst being run in... have to keep flicking it into manual to run on the brakes whilst running in (but it is behaving exactly as I want to for later).

Around town it is a pretty sharp instrument, the box is doing exacly what i want here as well... I have always been an Automatic hater, and would have ordered a manual version of the V6 had it existed, but so far this box has made my manual yearnings obsolete ... the only issue with it is reversing out of my drive, but that is more an auto hold issue, if i turn that off it is fine...

ACC, well that is realy a damping control... Comfort is just firm suspension that is underdamped with what feels like artificial control of rebound to avoid over wallow. Normal feels neutral, and sport feels overdamped with artificial control of bump, the bump control does seem to contribute to a perception of extra spring rate in bump that is released in rebound.... I have yet to hit a mountain pass without two kids/ wife/ dog & cat ...but I am looking forward to it.

In summary, the three setting should be re-labled Firm, Firmer, Firmest... and I think the middle one is redundant... I either feel like cruising or driving... I never feel like going for a "half arsed" drive...

The dynaudio, on the really weird treb/mid/bass settings (that should make it sound like it is underwater) is starting to warm up, but has a fair bit to go yet before I could reccomend it as a viable obtion box to tick...

Sunroof... got to open it in the Harbour Tunnel, at least opening the blind brightens up the interior, bloody rain!

Anyhow, wafflings over...

What is that? Is that the Sun? better get them dark shades, I have half a tank of gas...

Having a Gap Year!!!!
    what next?... what next?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by FSI 220 View Post
    Been a couple of weeks now, apart from the delivery issues i am pretty happy with her...

The box is really impressive the way it selects gears...Around town it is a pretty sharp instrument, the box is doing exacly what i want here as well... I have always been an Automatic hater, and would have ordered a manual version of the V6 had it existed, but so far this box has made my manual yearnings obsolete ...

In summary, the three setting should be re-labled Firm, Firmer, Firmest... and I think the middle one is redundant... I either feel like cruising or driving... I never feel like going for a "half arsed" drive...

The dynaudio, on the really weird treb/mid/bass settings (that should make it sound like it is underwater) is starting to warm up, but has a fair bit to go yet before I could reccomend it as a viable obtion box to tick...
    Glad to hear you're both getting on better

Yep, the box is really good, much better than I anticipated, and having scoffed about autos (even DSGs) over manuals, I'm eating my words now (although I would still choose a manual in a GTI, R etc). Interesting to hear your thoughts re ACC.

And the Dynaudio (although my choice for home speakers) is not worth the $ in the VW IMO. You can do much, much better with a custom install for a lot less $$$.

Shame about Browns. I wonder how long it will take them to fix it? We have a small (but fun) run up from Beerwah to Peachester on the Sunnie Coast and it suffered the same damage - but that was 12 months ago, and it's still not fixed!
    Last edited by clip; 04-03-2012 at 06:04 PM.

Yep, good to know you have seen through the initial concerns you had FSI.

I agree completely with your comments regarding the DSG... Awesome in combination with the V6. The hill hold feature took a little getting used to but I love it...

Regarding the ACC, from my perspective it works better with the sport supension. I had a drive of a friends standard B7 Passat V6 wagon on Saturday & the ACC made it feel hard on the normal mode & rock hard with not alot of give in sport mode. I think being that VW has already worked the sport susp to be well damped it suits the ACC better. Sure, in sport mode it is hard but it is still nicely damped. The standard susp whilst it feels pretty good doesn't give that nicely firm, damped feel we get with the sport susp. Seems a bit odd but to me that is how it feels. I keep my ACC predominantly in normal mode, but a quick change to sport if required takes milliseconds to engage.

One option I am quite happy not having is the Park Assist II. My friends Passat has it & it works great but it is too slow. I tried to speed up the process by applying more gas but it felt like the engine management damped the extra throttle input. I can park my car perfectly (usually first time) & faster, so too my wife so from my point of view it is great if you are parking challenged but otherwise, a nice to have option only.

This combination of DSG, V6 & 4-motion makes for a superbly stealthy car & in my opinion when all things are considered I reckon it is the best overall med/large wagon option in it's corner of the market ......
    Last edited by Riker; 05-03-2012 at 12:00 PM.
    * MY12 B7 Passat V6 4-motion Highline wagon....
    * Sport pack (Kansas wheels) - Active cruise City EB - Driver Assist Vis pack - Auto tailgate - Candy White with dark tint.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast