Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seat Belt Chimes

Quote Originally Posted by v6fan View Post
    Anyway, i KNOW there will be the usual bunch carrying on about this- but don't waste your breath- I DO wear my seat belt, just have a habit of doing it up after ive backed out of my long skinny driveway.
    I agree that the nagging seatbelt message and noise is irritating (it used to annoy me when backing out of my garage - I didn't put my seat belt on as I had to get out again to close the garage door, but I found a solution - I had a garage door opener fitted)

My only caveat is to make absolutely certain that unplugging those wires won't affect the operation of side airbags (the ones that pop out of the side of the squab).
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Quote Originally Posted by gregozedobe View Post
    My only caveat is to make absolutely certain that unplugging those wires won't affect the operation of side airbags (the ones that pop out of the side of the squab).
    the connector is only a 2 way connector and in no way part of the airbags or electric seats etc.

Guest Guest

Coding

You can recode the Instrument cluster to make the chime go away you just code it to a diff country which only turns chime off doesnt affect cluster in anyway just turns of Seatbelt noise its prob set on Europe or Australia which is compulsary for the noise will need VAG-COM to do though

Users Country Flag
    I did read somewhere that to unplug the cable disables the air bag going off anybody heard that?

Users Country Flag

yep. just put a race seat in my Polo 9N3 and went through this.. There's a 2 wire plug for the seat belt alarm, red in the Polo - unplug it and there will be no more chime and no side effects. The yellow plug that is deliberately made so that its tricky to unplug is the seat side airbag sensor. Just leave that one alone and you wont have any airbag issues. easy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12