Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R36 for Christmas

Users Country Flag

R36 for Christmas

After monitoring the pitifully low number of R36's for sale in NZ for a couple of months now, I managed to intercept a mint condition car before it was traded in.

Details are:
    MY 2010 (how do I tell if it's a 10.5?)
    Icelandic grey
    Lagano 19" wheels
    26,000 km
    Power tailgate
    Bluetooth
    RCD 510
    2 knob Climatronic setup
    Aluminium dash surround with swirl pattern (Had never seen this anywhere before)
    NZD $40k (Based on other listed offerings, probably equivalent to about $50k on a dealers lot)
    Has a VW umbrella in the drivers side door - is that standard equipment?
    Rails in the rear cargo section. Comes with 4 moveable anchor blocks that slide up and down. One left to right divider that also slides up and down the rails to isolate things to stop them sliding around. Also another sliding divider with tensioned belt that can wrap around things to stop them sliding around.
    Reversing camera
    VW bag for skis - never used. Pity I don't ski!

Would have liked:
    Sunroof
    Towbar
    RNS 510
    Dynaudio

Issues so far:
    Front tyres chewed out on the inside. Probably original tyres, and no regular wheel alignment. Or is this a known problem with the R36?
    Bluetooth - I can stream music from my iPhone 6, but only get sound out of the right hand speakers. CD's, radio, SD all come thru both sides. Weird!
    Front seats entry / exit - at a shade under 2 metres tall, getting in and out of anything can be a challenge! I've seen the seat bolster damage from other pics, so getting in and out without mashing the seat and back bolsters is not easy!
    Wanting to drive it all the time!

Absolutely love the car. Very happy to have found this one. Merry Christmas!

I will post some pics when I figure out how to upload them.

Andy
    Last edited by Netrover; 20-12-2014 at 04:35 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Congrats, nice find!
    It took me 8 month to find mine!
    Similar spec to mine. Mine has MDI as an option.
    I've seen swirl pattern dash panel in all the R36 in China, also it's an option in UK.
    Lagano 19" wheels must be a upgrade by previous owner?
    Regarding the BT, I think it's a dealer fitted the kufatec BT.
    Mine is still on original ContiSeal SC3 tyres, front is perfect even wear but it's chewing the rear inside tyre. I will do the alignment when I get new tyres.

Enjoy!
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport |AlpineWhite|719M JetBlack|BlackLeather |ComfortPackage|Sunroof|WirelessCharging
    2010 MY10 R36 Wagon | Biscay Blue | Power Tailgate | RNS510 | MDI | RVC | 51,000 km |Garage Open Button | Dead Pedal Mod | OE Fit DRL | VCDS | Sprint Booster | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Alcantara Steering Wheel | Dual Reverse Light | 19" Bentley Wheels (BBS Forged Split) | Michelin PS 4S
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking | OpeliZed | Whiteline RSB | Eibach ProKit

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Here are a few photos I took today.

Needs a good clean before I take any pics of the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2010 Passat R36 - Icelandic Grey / BT / MDI / Power Tailgate / RVC / Cargo Management System / 19" Lugano Wheels

2005 35th Anniversary 350Z - Ultra Yellow / Stillen True Dual Exhaust / Motordyne MREV 2 and Plenum Spacer

Users Country Flag
    Great find mate. Lucky bugger with the cargo rails and ski bags! I havent seen any aussie versions wih it so you have a unique one there. Extremely low kays too. You'll love these cars mate. I still get a kick out of mine. I bought mine on chrissy eve last year!
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Quote Originally Posted by Passat R36 View Post
    Congrats, nice find!
    It took me 8 month to find mine!
    Similar spec to mine. Mine has MDI as an option.
    I've seen swirl pattern dash panel in all the R36 in China, also it's an option in UK.
    Lagano 19" wheels must be a upgrade by previous owner?
    Regarding the BT, I think it's a dealer fitted the kufatec BT.
    Mine is still on original ContiSeal SC3 tyres, front is perfect even wear but it's chewing the rear inside tyre. I will do the alignment when I get new tyres.

Enjoy!
    Thanks mate.

Yes i have the MDI but it has the old iPhone connector. I guess there is a cable with the lightning connector - I'll check with local VW dealer on Monday. The cubby hole may not be big enough for the phone to fit into.

Apparently this his was a dealer spec car. First owner bought it with 120km on the clock and was happy with the specs.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Netrover View Post
    MY 2010 (how do I tell if it's a 10.5?)
    I think the MY10.5s got the two-dial Climatronic, while the MY10 or earlier had the 3-dial Climatronic. But I've never been able to confirm this.

Aluminium dash surround with swirl pattern (Had never seen this anywhere before)
    In Australia, I think this dash trim was fitted to the earlier pre-facelift R36es (ie red MFD).

Has a VW umbrella in the drivers side door - is that standard equipment?
    Yep.

Rails in the rear cargo section. Comes with 4 moveable anchor blocks that slide up and down. One left to right divider that also slides up and down the rails to isolate things to stop them sliding around. Also another sliding divider with tensioned belt that can wrap around things to stop them sliding around.
    I seem to recall that this was quite an expensive optional extra. I'm sure I saw someone asking about a retrofit option on here recently, and someone posted that they had found a complete kit of the necessary parts for about $1000.

RNS 510
    This is an easy retrofit - you can buy the units on eBay for around $1000. Not sure how to go about mounting the GPS antenna though. There's also an OEM-lookalike aftermarket alternative as well, being sold by one of the members here with the option of an 8" screen.

Users Country Flag
    MY10 started with two dial control. Check on carsales, all true MY10 have two dials.
    MY10.5 got MDI as standard.
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport |AlpineWhite|719M JetBlack|BlackLeather |ComfortPackage|Sunroof|WirelessCharging
    2010 MY10 R36 Wagon | Biscay Blue | Power Tailgate | RNS510 | MDI | RVC | 51,000 km |Garage Open Button | Dead Pedal Mod | OE Fit DRL | VCDS | Sprint Booster | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Alcantara Steering Wheel | Dual Reverse Light | 19" Bentley Wheels (BBS Forged Split) | Michelin PS 4S
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking | OpeliZed | Whiteline RSB | Eibach ProKit

Thanks Kleung and Passat R36 - great info.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2010 Passat R36 - Icelandic Grey / BT / MDI / Power Tailgate / RVC / Cargo Management System / 19" Lugano Wheels

2005 35th Anniversary 350Z - Ultra Yellow / Stillen True Dual Exhaust / Motordyne MREV 2 and Plenum Spacer

A couple of pics of the car on the way home tonight. Yes I know - needs a wash!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

Nice one!
    Shame about the view though
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast