Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with Fiscon Bluetooth unit

Problem with Fiscon Bluetooth unit

Recently I had a Kufatec Fiscon Bluetooth unit installed in our MY09 Passat R36 with the RCD510 entertainment unit by my local VW Dealer. The Bluetooth works great and we are very happy with the unit, except for a related problem.

Before we had this Bluetooth unit installed we could plug our iPod into the AUX jack in the glove compartment or play my iPod through Bluetooth audio with perfect clarity through all 10 speakers.
    Since we have had the Fiscon unit, whether I try to use the Bluetooth audio or plug my iPod into the AUX jack, it only comes through 2 front speakers and sounds appalling.

Does anyone with the Fiscon unit have the same problem or does your AUX and/or Bluetooth audio work fine.

Any help would be much appreaciated

I have an MY09 passat wagon with the RCD510 enterntainment unit and also have the Fiscon Bluetooth unit installed.

I do not have the same problem as you do - the only issue i have is that i cant store my phone in the centre console while using the fiscon unit as I get a whole lot of feedback - i assume this is because the fiscon unit is somewhere directly under the gear lever.

Question - how did you get the bluetooth audio to work?? I have turned that option on within the RCD510 unit but when I go to pair it with an external device nothing happens. Any advice would be appreciated - I dont mean to hijack your forum but any advice would be appreciated.

Also - has anyone got the additional MFD display working with their Fiscon unit - the website says that it will give you a reading that shows oil pressure, fuel left in the tank and the like but this does not appear on my unit.

Cheers for any assistance.
    Passat MY09 125TDi DSG Wagon - Silver
    Tint, E-Tailgate, Electric Leather Seats with memory, Rubber Mats, Boot Liner, Fiscon Bluetooth

What's happening is that the iPhone is seeing the Bluetooth connection as an audio output, as the Fiscon accepts A2DP, and the Fiscon's set to automatically accept input from the Bluetooth connection. I had this with mine when I used the Fiscon... What you can do is: on the iPhone in iPod, tap near the bottom of the screen where there is a Bluetooth symbol and "Kufatec Fiscon" is written, and select Speaker. It will then enable audio to the internal iPhone audio circuitry and will output through the headphone socket to your aux in instead of via Bluetooth.

Natwsmith - the MFD extras only work with a red MFD. And Bluetooth audio is automatic with a Fiscon - just start playing audio on the device with an active Bluetooth connection and it should start playing through your stereo. It sounds crap though.

Thanks Swallowtail. I am pretty sure I tried what you said and it was still playing through the 2 front speakers rather than all 10. Will try it again tonight to make sure.
    It frustrating because it sounded awesome through bluetooth audio before we had the Fiscon unit installed and now we cant use the feature anymore.

How were you playing back through Bluetooth without a Bluetooth unit?? And if you had Bluetooth before why did you get the Fiscon? Or am I missing something?

Users Country Flag
    No real help, however my Fiscon works wonderfully!!!
    It truly is a wonderful piece of kit!

I have the red MFD and all the diplays are in the MFD as well the extra info such as RPM, Remaining Fuel Etc.
    The only thong that does not work is the Boost Readout! (I wish it did though!)

Feels even better when I go mine for a steal on eBay and fitted myself!
    I placed the unit in a cavity under the Sat Nav, I imagine that is where the dealer would have placed it also.
    I have not experienced interferance of any kind.

Saved about $700!!!

Enjoy...
    Last edited by ope126; 02-10-2009 at 09:31 PM.
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

ebay

which ebay store did you get it from. Also how long did it take to ship

thanks
    Passat CC 125 TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Swallowtail View Post
    How were you playing back through Bluetooth without a Bluetooth unit?? And if you had Bluetooth before why did you get the Fiscon? Or am I missing something?
    I got the dealer to throw in the standard bluetooth unit when I bought the car, so i got used to having Bluetooth Audio. The wife however kept having to make phone calls when using the car for business. Now she just uses the touchscreen rather than having to use the phone.

Update: I tried the AUX port with the iphone again and it worked fine. It must have been connecting through the bluetooth. So one problem fixed, now if i could only get the Bluetooth Audio to work.

Can anyone please help - I have Fiscon unit with RNS-510 and red MFD. The audio streaming works great but to skip the song, I have to reach my phone!! Does this not support skipping on the actual RNS unit? Also I have no song information on the head unit!
    2018 MK7.5 Lapiz Wolf Wagon with Roof

figured out by myself..need to go on MFD and skip the track..
    2018 MK7.5 Lapiz Wolf Wagon with Roof

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast