Support VWWC

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New B8 Passat engine possibilities...

New B8 Passat engine possibilities...

Evening fella's...

I am sure by now we are all aware of the impending arrival of the B8 Passat in a few months. I am also sure we are aware of the new Skoda Superb due to arrive here Q2 2016. By all accounts the new Superb seems to be quite an impressive unit. Interestingly, last week as reported in the motoring press Skoda released info about the 3 engine choices coming here, two turbo petrol, one turbo diesel. One of the petrol units is quite interesting, the Golf7 R's 206kw - 350Nm 2.0ltr engine mated to the 6sp DSG & 4-motion will be available in Superb.

Now, with the new Passat B8 due in Q3-4 how likely do we think it will be that we'll see that Golf7 R engine available here in the Passat B8 mated to the 6sp DSG & 4-motion..? Or could we see the same mind numbing attitude from VW Aus that allows the top spec 8" Discovery system be made available here to Skoda but not VW Golfs as it is elsewhere ie: NZ...

Interesting to consider what they may do with Passat. Obviously the ideal situation IMO would be for VW Aus to offer the top spec Passat R-line now with the Golf7 R engine, 4-motion etc. This being the case imagine what that could in turn mean (positively) for a Passat B8 R...? Audi 3ltr petrol turbo, Audi RS3 5cyl...????
    * MY12 B7 Passat V6 4-motion Highline wagon....
    * Sport pack (Kansas wheels) - Active cruise City EB - Driver Assist Vis pack - Auto tailgate - Candy White with dark tint.

Users Country Flag
    Mate, I don't have any idea, but I hate to say it but I think that we won't see any good powerful engines in the Passat. That all stopped with the death of the R36. I hope I'm wrong because I would love to see a Passat R, but only if it is done right.
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by snerlo View Post
    Mate, I don't have any idea, but I hate to say it but I think that we won't see any good powerful engines in the Passat. That all stopped with the death of the R36. I hope I'm wrong because I would love to see a Passat R, but only if it is done right.
    The R36 was replaced by the V6 Highline - same powertrain, but with a less sporty flavour. And now that the Golf R wagon has been confirmed for Australia, maybe there is hope that we will get a go-fast Passat as well. The R36 certainly sold well here, and I've seen quite a few V6 Highlines floating around too. Apparently we Aussies like our go-fast VWs.

Users Country Flag
    Looks like i will keep my b7 b6 for a while then.

*edit*. There is no 3.0ltr engines listed in elsawin for passat b8.
    Last edited by booba; 12-05-2015 at 07:43 PM.

I did read somewhere that they are bringing a successor to the 36 in the future. It mentioned turbocharging as the new way to go but also stayed true toa 6 cylinder. Word is a 3.0litre v6 4motion DSG but who knows. Everything is becoming an R line including the Tiguan so I wouldn't be too surprised. Even VW dealers are hopeful.they just don't know whether Australia will get em (((

Users Country Flag
    The reason there is no 3.0 engine in ETKA for the B8 is that we all know the new Passat R is going to receive the updated 6.0L W12, same as the Bentley Bentayga SUV...

VW reveals new W12 engine - looks set to debut in the Bentley Bentayga SUV
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Take my money!

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    the reason there is no 3.0 engine in etka for the b8 is that we all know the new passat r is going to receive the updated 6.0l w12, same as the bentley bentayga suv...

vw reveals new w12 engine - looks set to debut in the bentley bentayga suv

Just had Oz spec B8 engines confirmed today - 132TSI petrol and 140TDI diesel only.

The 132TSI is a 1.8litre petrol with 132kW/250Nm.

While the 140TDI is a 2.0diesel with 140kW/400Nm.

Unfortunately the 177kW/500Nm bi-turbo diesel isn't making it to Oz

Release date is end of September.
    Last edited by tigger73; 11-08-2015 at 08:49 PM.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    End of September ... finally! Given the engine configurations it seems the specs might very well follow the B7 in which the diesel offered more goodies than the 4 cyl petrol version.

Be interesting to see if the B8 Passat headed Down Under also has the recently touted Apple Carplay and Android Auto functionality introduced into MY16 Golf, Polo etc.
    Last edited by Buzy_Robot; 12-08-2015 at 01:51 PM.

I'm pretty sure the Apple Carplay is going to be standard for all the new models. Certainly for the MQB platform vehicles which the B8 is.

Unfortunatley they've dropped the 6 cylinder and there's no AWD/performance version in the Passat anymore. I believe there will be an entry level 132TSI, a Highline 132TSI and then the 140TDI diesel in a Highline trim level as the "top of the range" model.

The petrol will come with the 7 speed DSG and diesel with the 6 speed DSG for higher torque/output motors (same DSG as in Golf GTI/R).

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast