Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Joining the queue of Passat owners with injector problems (TDI wagon carked it)

Users Country Flag

The BMR 125kw TDI unit injection ones. Same motor that was fitted to MK5 Golf GTs.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

mine is the 103kw PD version, have they sorted the issue so the replacements won't have this fault?
    B6 Passat Wagon No KESSY

Users Country Flag
    Not sure. They're an exchange part, through VW. I can only presume they've changed something internally with the solenoid to improve longevity.

We've had a Golf GT that has done another 40,000klms since it's had an injector replaced without fault.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

thanks umai here is hoping so the issue is with the solenoid failing? Literally had no warning was running fine prior to stalling... At least it happened while I was stopped.. Should VW be doing a recall or only isolated cases?
    B6 Passat Wagon No KESSY

The problem is not unique to VWs.

A Focus diesel with 60,000ks needed 4 injectors, $approx 1400.00 EACH.....

2008 Blue Graphite GTI DSG with Latte leather.

ouch..... that would hurt the hip pocket
    B6 Passat Wagon No KESSY

Users Country Flag
    The VW doesn't make the injectors, so there would be a number of car manufacturers that have a similar problems.

The first Toyota Prados with CRD engines had problems with their injectors as well.

Quote Originally Posted by OilBurna View Post
    ouch..... that would hurt the hip pocket
    I was quoted $1000 each for my Passat 103 tdi... luckily VW granted a goodwill request and replaced all 4 free of charge.

Frustrating as I had followed the service schedule and used BP Ultimate diesel which is supposed to be the best available (in WA).
    Mk 7.5 Golf R

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by guthrie View Post
    I was quoted $1000 each for my Passat 103 tdi... luckily VW granted a goodwill request and replaced all 4 free of charge.

Frustrating as I had followed the service schedule and used BP Ultimate diesel which is supposed to be the best available (in WA).
    Did you use a diesel fuel additive? I use Moreys Diesel Smoke Killer in our Golf and in T5 at every fill up, so far so good.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OilBurna View Post
    thanks umai here is hoping so the issue is with the solenoid failing? Literally had no warning was running fine prior to stalling... At least it happened while I was stopped.. Should VW be doing a recall or only isolated cases?
    Campaigns usually only involve things that could catch fire, or software updates. There is a technical bulletin out on it though, mainly to speed up the diagnosis process.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast