Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Joining the queue of Passat owners with injector problems (TDI wagon carked it)

Got our "new" 2007 b6 wagon booked in to check out a rough start and VW here in Hobart told us there was a campaign for the car.
    Getting 4 brand new injectors installed tomorrow for free as part of the campaign.

Gives me a much more secure feeling after reading this thread.
    Lets hope it will also improve the drive in general as some people have mentioned.

Users Country Flag
    I just called Burwin Volkswagen and quoted my VIN ('08 Passat 125kw) and there is a recall/campaign for my car.

They said that basically you take it in, they check to see if it has the revised version of the injectors, if not they replace the injectors. Therefore, I would probably advise everyone to call your dealer, quote your VIN and see if you have a recall on your car.

Love,
    James

manol: So, did your car get new injectors?

Users Country Flag

How long have VW been agreeing to repalce the injectors?

Has anyone any idea how long this "campaign" (note they don't call it a recall) has been out for?

We have just had our injectors go, they are fixing it but I'm wondering why the authorised VW service people didn;t do it whne they had the car a year ago? Or is this new?

I got a letter from VW about 2 weeks ago advising me to contact my local dealer to have the injectors replaced which surprised me as it's a 103TDi.
    Seeing as I replaced the car with a new 125 Highline in February I didn't bother.
    MY 13 B7 TDi Highline, Electric Seats, Driver Assistance and Visibility Package, Adaptive Cruise Control, one of the last 125kw cars brought into the country

I have a story of how my Passat Wagon 125 kw TDI 2008 died.

Only bought it in Feb and did a major service where cam shaft sensor and timing belt had to be changed. Car ran fine after that. On 14 July did a day trip to Jurien Bay but before that, filled at BP OPT in Canning Vale. Came back after day trip, next day went to work, driving home from work, the whole car powered down and the screen in front it said "Engine Fault - Workshop" or something like that.

RAC came and because it was late, towed it back home. Next day, called VW Australia and said the car was part of campaign for the fuel injectors to get changed. Had it towed to John Hughes dealership service centre, and they said 'Yup, everything will be taken care of FOC". Phew I thought! Then a week came and went, got the call from JH, "Uhm, car still not starting. We pulled the fuel pump out and saw that the diesel is the wrong colour" Quickly called the comprehensive insurance company, "yup contaminated fuel is covered under your policy" so I thought cool.

Insurance assessor took a look at fuel and pump, called me "Sorry I don't think the fuel is contaminated". I said, "Then explain the grey colour of the diesel". He said, "I think it's just dirty rought diesel but it shouldn't conk the pump". In other words, claim declined! So JH said, "You've got an extended warranty on this car, so I know claims manager, I'll shoot him email". Within a day, claim approved, fuel pump and repair was ok'd.

Car now running with new fuel pump and new fuel injectors! Feels smoother too, or is it placebo effect? Moral of story, get extended warranties!

Leadwings, apparently new campaign and sent out beginning this year according to VW Aus.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ensabaanur View Post
    Leadwings, apparently new campaign and sent out beginning this year according to VW Aus.
    I spoke with VW Oz recently - they sad it came out in April. I asked what set the timing, and they said it was based on advice from VW Europe, which is interesting because the injector recall there was done a couple of years ago. Another case of VW Oz trying to avoid the problem.

I asked why I wasn't contacted, and they still had the previous owner on the system and not me. I have had the car serviced at the VW dealership here, but apparently they don't automatically update the VW Oz database. So if you want to be contacted for the recall, you may want to make sure you are registered as the owner.

Users Country Flag
    Recently purchased a 2009 VW Passat 125 TDI

How do you know if your car is one that can be affected by the injector problems

I rang VW prior to purchasing the vehicle and gave them a VIN number and they said there are no recalls on my vehicle

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mylotian View Post
    Recently purchased a 2009 VW Passat 125 TDI

How do you know if your car is one that can be affected by the injector problems

I rang VW prior to purchasing the vehicle and gave them a VIN number and they said there are no recalls on my vehicle
    It should be all good then, most likely the recall was carried out already.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast