Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone running Bridgestone Potenza RE002

Users Country Flag

Anyone running Bridgestone Potenza RE002

My tyres are on the wearmarks so started looking for replacements (currently OEM fitted Conti's that lasted 40K) and can get some RE002's for a very reasonable price.
    The New Potenza Adrenalin RE002

Thought I check if anyone here is running them and what you think of them.
    Cheers
    R36 Wagon, blue, sunroof, towbar, auto tailgate, MDI, and now with upgraded sound system
    1969 TL1600 Fastback
    Suzuki GSX1400, Yamaha XVS1100 Bobber
    ....fairings are for scooters!

Users Country Flag
    Potenzas look good.

If you don't mind me asking how much are we talking?

When my Contis are done I was thinking of replacing them with Michellin Pilot Sport PP3 from Costco for about $260 per tyre.
    2010 R36 BB Wagon - With the Lot

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by szikou View Post
    Potenzas look good.

When my Contis are done I was thinking of replacing them with Michellin Pilot Sport PP3 from Costco for about $260 per tyre.
    $283 per corner, fitted and balanced. Just don't feel like spending massive $$ on Conti's, but I do like them.
    R36 Wagon, blue, sunroof, towbar, auto tailgate, MDI, and now with upgraded sound system
    1969 TL1600 Fastback
    Suzuki GSX1400, Yamaha XVS1100 Bobber
    ....fairings are for scooters!

Users Country Flag
    Most reviews I have come across recommend the Potenzas...but the price is prohibitive for me.Recently put some Pirellis PZero Nero...for $220 per corner...I reckon they are comparable to the stock Contis CS2s on the GTi Mk5. Noticed they are even quieter...and more grip in the wet......Worth a try....

those RE002s are a great looking tyre, and the reviews seem very good as well.

Be interesting to see how good they are for wear, compared to regular tyres.

Unfortunately they dont make them large enough for me, I'm looking at throwing on 275s on my RS4 next
    2007 Audi RS4 with: APR ECU Upgrade; JHM Quick Shifter; Milltek Catback and Downpipes; KW V3 Coilovers; Argon Creative Carbon Fibre Splitters

Users Country Flag
    If they are as good as the old RE-001A's, you can't go wrong.

I had them fitted to my old Pug GTi-6, brilliant tyres.
    MK6 MY10 Golf GTI, 5dr Manual, Carbon Steel, Detroits, Tint
    T6 MY06 Peugeot 307 HDi Touring, Manual, Iron Grey, Tint

Users Country Flag
    These blokes know what they're talking about by the sounds of it.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMr_V...e_gdata_player
    MK6 MY10 Golf GTI, 5dr Manual, Carbon Steel, Detroits, Tint
    T6 MY06 Peugeot 307 HDi Touring, Manual, Iron Grey, Tint

Quote Originally Posted by szikou View Post
    Potenzas look good.

I didn't like the Michellin PP3's when I had them fitted to my R36, way too hard on the ride quality. My new R36 has Conti's and they aren't too bad at all, actually very good, but the best out of these 3 have been the Pirelli P Zero Nero's. Can't comment on the Bridgestone's tho'.

Users Country Flag
    I only have a Golf, and a TDI at that, but I replaced my stock conti's on my 2008 with some RE001's at 40kms. I'm now at 85kms, and they have probably another 10-20kms in them. I would have to say that in the wet the Conti's "felt" a bit better, but they definately were a softer compound and wore a lot quicker. In the dry, the difference is minimal, and I've pushed these things a bit and certainly not found a limit. Overall I think bang for buck they're excellent, no tramlining, quiet, wear well and have a good grip pattern, certainly not aquaplaned them. I do feel they are a harder compound, and thus wear better, and the wet grip is down a little as a result . That said they certainly feel quite safe in the wet, but I dont push things in a torquey FWD in the rain anyhow. Where the old Conti's used to wheelhop pretty bad because of the slightly better grip on a full bore clutch frying takeoff, the RE001's just seem to spin, but even as worn out as mine are now, you really have to try to make that happen, and my lil beasty has a bit of torque with minimal weight.

For the money they were hard to beat, and come replacement time, the new version that is supposed to ride as well, and last as long, yet raise the bar in grip and handling would have to be a major contender for me personally.
    Last edited by Greg Roles; 13-08-2011 at 03:18 PM.
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

the RE002s are a brand new release and you've already managed to do 45k on them? are you using your Golf as a taxi service? LOL
    2007 Audi RS4 with: APR ECU Upgrade; JHM Quick Shifter; Milltek Catback and Downpipes; KW V3 Coilovers; Argon Creative Carbon Fibre Splitters

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast