Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Future Global Bestseller ID.4?

Users Country Flag

i would have one ..

count me in ... is there a release date for OZ for the id3 and 4 ? i also like the skoda Eynaq... mayeb even better that the 1d4 ? i hope that the gov come to the party and encourage Evs rather than discourage ....

electric Amarok maybe !!

Users Country Flag
    I've rented/driven a few Teslas in the US and Australia (including a Model S P90D) - just had my Model 3 deposit refunded the other day too (from when they were in pre-release - too small/tight/uncomfortable). Telsas have awesome performance and automation, but lack the details/feel to back it up - hard touch surfaces, "vegan leather" (aka vinyl) etc.

My ideal VW would have the looks, comfort and tech of an Arteon, handle like an R36 and have the raw power/torque/throttle response, violent acceleration, "fuel economy" and self driving ability of a Model S with Ludicrous mode. If VW could offer this at a half reasonable price, I'd be very happy.

Hopefully VW will have something exciting on offer by the time I'm ready to replace the Arteon.

Users Country Flag

Was using the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) in the Arteon today and it has improved a bit since I first tried VW tech in a loaner Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg - my experience then was "OMG it's trying to kill me!" .. had test driven a Tesla a few weeks prior and assumed it'd be similar.

The Arteon is still not as good at "self-driving" as a Tesla, but has improved. I only had to hit the brakes once - it slowed down correctly behind a car stopped at a red light, but strangely accelerated a bit toward the end at ~30km/hr, which made me really nervous and I took over the brakes.

Got me thinking about the fact that the car in front had it's brake lights on... As a human driver, as soon as the car in front puts it's brakes on, my foot goes straight from the accelerator to hovering-over/applying the brake.

It wouldn't be too hard for the VW engineers to capture enough forward-facing footage in a variety of light conditions (and car-in-front colors etc) to train a convolution network ("AI") to detect brake lights on the car in front. IMO the ACC should (practically) never accelerate when the car in front has it's brake lights on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12