Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: New T Cross

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Maroochydore Queensland
    Posts
    36
    Users Country Flag

    New T Cross

    I finally picked up a new T Cross last week. It is an R-Line with the full option list including the Beats Audio. I have also added aftermarket full window tint, ceramic paint protection and front and rear dash cams. Having owned a few performance Audis I thought that the acceleration would be ordinary with a 1 litre engine, but it moves quickly and has good mid range power. Fuel economy is currently at 5.7 l/100km and improving as the engine frees up.

    A feature of the car is the quietness around the burbs and on the highway. The standard tyres are Pirelli Cinturato P7; not what I would have chosen, but too early to pass judgement.

    All round, happy with the purchase and Cricks VW on the Sunshine Coast have been great. Cheers -John



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    QLD
    Posts
    219
    Users Country Flag
    Good to hear, I've looked at the T-Cross also looks like a good daily runabout, taken VW so long to enter this segment now there seems to be minimal stock I'm after s Style with the 'Sound and vision package' hopefully the ship arrives soon.
    2017 MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg | Oryx White | DSG / 2021 MY21 T-Cross Style | S+V Package | Limestone Grey

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Maroochydore Queensland
    Posts
    36
    Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    You won't be disappointed, it's great as a town car and a highway cruiser. Great vision as well and if you option the sound and vision package you will have made a good choice.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Newcastle NSW
    Posts
    6
    Users Country Flag
    Hi Suncoaster, I have ordered a t-cross with the ceramic coat, what was the price they quoted you for it ?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Maroochydore Queensland
    Posts
    36
    Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hi New Dubber, I also got the interior protection on the wishes of my better half;I don't know the breakdown but it was about $1100 all up. By comparison a local firm does the ceramic for $995 with a 5 year warranty whereas this is "lifetime" i.e while I own the vehicle, no annual inspections and back to the dealer if there's a problem. Cheers

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Newcastle NSW
    Posts
    6
    Users Country Flag
    Thanks Suncoaster, I was quoted $1500 for the ceramic and free window tint on 20 September

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Suncoaster View Post
    Hi New Dubber, I also got the interior protection on the wishes of my better half;I don't know the breakdown but it was about $1100 all up. By comparison a local firm does the ceramic for $995 with a 5 year warranty whereas this is "lifetime" i.e while I own the vehicle, no annual inspections and back to the dealer if there's a problem. Cheers
    Hey John

    I’ve just bought a Tiguan from a dealer in Sydney, and they’re asking for $995 for interior protection and another $995 for exterior paint treatment.
    They use Permaguard.
    Wondering what product the dealership used for your car? $1100 for interior and exterior combined is a much better price!

    Cheers and thanks!
    Mike


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific Paradise QLD
    Posts
    6,180
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sequentialist View Post
    Hey John

    I’ve just bought a Tiguan from a dealer in Sydney, and they’re asking for $995 for interior protection and another $995 for exterior paint treatment.
    They use Permaguard.
    Wondering what product the dealership used for your car? $1100 for interior and exterior combined is a much better price!

    Cheers and thanks!
    Mike


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Whatever they use you can get it done cheaper later. They charge top $$$ and then farm it out to cheapest place possible. To keep banging on My wife got paint protection for $1000 on one car and when we took it in to the place for the annual checkup I just wandered up to the counter and said "How much do do paint protection on a ++++++ $350 she said. So there you go

    Its called 'upselling" like when you wife buys a dress and they sell her a belt or a scarf or a brooch because thats where the bigger profit is.

    Yonder comes a sucker is a good description
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 05-04-2021 at 08:15 AM.
    2019 Tiguan 162 R line with DAP & Sound & Vision .White
    Front Dash cam Blackvue 750S and Rear Blackvue DR590-HD Dash Cam.
    2010 Polo 77TSI Flash Red, for shopping basket with Blackvue 750S dashcam.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Maroochydore Queensland
    Posts
    36
    Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    The ceramic treatment was done on my T Cross using a product called Fusion Q. Hillbilly talks about cheaper pricing and that is probably right, but the advantage if you buy it through the dealer is that you can return to the dealer anytime during your vehicle warranty ( 5 years) to have a fault rectified. I accept that I may have paid overs, but in my case the ability to go back to the VW dealer was a game changer. Also, from my experience base prices quoted by protection firms have a short warranty and may only include one coat. Pay more for more coats and longer warranties. It's not all as it seems on the surface. Cheers-John

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific Paradise QLD
    Posts
    6,180
    Users Country Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Suncoaster View Post
    The ceramic treatment was done on my T Cross using a product called Fusion Q. Hillbilly talks about cheaper pricing and that is probably right, but the advantage if you buy it through the dealer is that you can return to the dealer anytime during your vehicle warranty ( 5 years) to have a fault rectified. I accept that I may have paid overs, but in my case the ability to go back to the VW dealer was a game changer. Also, from my experience base prices quoted by protection firms have a short warranty and may only include one coat. Pay more for more coats and longer warranties. It's not all as it seems on the surface. Cheers-John
    You can get it done PROPERLY outside of the dealers and get a better job with warranty as well. There are places who specialise and are recommended on here.

    The dealer will just send it back to the El cheapo who did it first while rubbing their fingers over the 60% profit in their pocket whilst doing it.

    I would sooner pay the money direct to a detailer and know who it is than do it through a middleman who is skimming off the top.

    However I dont bother and the paint on my cars has been Ok for the last 10 years and I live in same area as you.
    2019 Tiguan 162 R line with DAP & Sound & Vision .White
    Front Dash cam Blackvue 750S and Rear Blackvue DR590-HD Dash Cam.
    2010 Polo 77TSI Flash Red, for shopping basket with Blackvue 750S dashcam.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
| |