Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New T Cross

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Suncoaster View Post
    All round, happy with the purchase
    How’s it going Suncoaster after 9 month’s ownership?
    We’re still kicking around the idea
    Wife likes our Tig and loves how the Tcross looks like a mini Tig
    Only issue she has is the offset of the brake and accelerator pedals
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hi iDiesel, All going well;it's a joy to drive with surprising performance and great economy. On a trip to Brisbane from the Sunshine Coast it averages about 4.6litres/100km driving at or slightly over the limit. I haven't noticed an issue with the pedals and i am not really aware of it. Only one issue so far has been a battery replaced under warranty. My car was built in Feb 2020 and delivered in September 2020; so the battery was 7 months old then and is now 16 months old at replacement. I read that most new batteries are only 90% charged when new. Apart from that everything is fine, I'm about to go on a road trip to Canberra and NSW so that will be a test. I have about 11K on the clock, so first service on our return. I'll keep you up to date. Cheers-John

Users Country Flag
    Good to hear you are enjoying it.
    Been keeping an eye on EOFY sales, but with limited stock around, it doesn't look like we will make the jump anytime soon.
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by iDiesel View Post
    How’s it going Suncoaster after 9 month’s ownership?
    We’re still kicking around the idea
    Wife likes our Tig and loves how the Tcross looks like a mini Tig
    Only issue she has is the offset of the brake and accelerator pedals
    I have a T-Cross very happy it's done over 10000km in 5 months, it's a good everyday runabout also a good highway cruiser amazing considering the 1 litre motor. Obviously a lot of plastic trim however fit and finish is good so it's fine for family use where ware and tear is important, it's based on the Polo so suspension is not as sophisticated as the Tiguan but it rides well even with the torsion beam rear axle. Power is fine for everyday use it's certainly not a performance car but more than adequate for our speed limit. It's got plenty of room for such a small footprint. My only negative is it can be thirsty in summer using air-conditioner city stop start you can see up to 10L / 100km but generally it's good my overall consumption is 5.8L / 100km but only 10% of use is city driving, it will use 5L / 100km cruising at highway speeds. The 7 speed DSG has been faultless and a smooth operator I was a bit concerned about the dry clutch so far good performance and no concerns. Definitely recommend it as a good everyday practical runabout.
    2017 MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg | Oryx White | DSG / 2021 MY21 T-Cross Style | S+V Package | Limestone Grey

Users Country Flag
    We looked at a T Cross and ended up buying a Skoda Kamiq LE and got a lot more for the money, starting with the 110 motor.

Roll on Aug 9th.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Hill Billy, I dont blame you. I just wish the scratchy plastic wasn't the way it is.

On a side note I'd love some material in my door cards of my Karoq ��

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    We looked at a T Cross and ended up buying a Skoda Kamiq LE and got a lot more for the money, starting with the 110 motor.

Roll on Aug 9th.
    Think you'll find the only thing your getting over the T-Cross is the bigger motor and power tailgate otherwise equipment is the same in my case Sound and Vision package on the road was $35500 on the road [now lists at $37500] versus almost $40000 on road for the Kamiq so you are paying for the difference, both good cars however I'm sure you'll be happy both use the same platform.
    Last edited by rosslm; 27-06-2021 at 01:50 PM.
    2017 MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg | Oryx White | DSG / 2021 MY21 T-Cross Style | S+V Package | Limestone Grey

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I just completed an 1000k plus trip in Qld in my T Cross R-Line, and including 800km urban running prior to the trip, the car averaged 6litres/100km or 42 mpg in the old formula. I was travelling mostly in the 100-110km speed range with many bursts to 130-140 and the car never missed a beat. 98 octane petrol at all times. Effortless performance and I can't see the need for a bigger engine, which would obviously have a bigger thirst. Cheers-John

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Suncoaster View Post
    I just completed an 1000k plus trip in Qld in my T Cross R-Line, and including 800km urban running prior to the trip, the car averaged 6litres/100km or 42 mpg in the old formula. I was travelling mostly in the 100-110km speed range with many bursts to 130-140 and the car never missed a beat. 98 octane petrol at all times. Effortless performance and I can't see the need for a bigger engine, which would obviously have a bigger thirst. Cheers-John
    I concur took mine out to a mine site very impressed with performance even with E10 fuel but may be an issue when loaded with passengers & luggage My only concern was the AC was struggling with North Queensland temps looking at doing some insulation of the bare AC pipes in the engine bay to the firewall to improve the efficiency

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bambazonke View Post
    I concur took mine out to a mine site very impressed with performance even with E10 fuel but may be an issue when loaded with passengers & luggage My only concern was the AC was struggling with North Queensland temps looking at doing some insulation of the bare AC pipes in the engine bay to the firewall to improve the efficiency
    DONT USE E10 It is less than 95 octane and should you have problems VW will wipe you The E10 in the fuel door refers to 95 E10 WHICH IS NOT AVAILABLE IN AUSTRALIA The minimum octane is 95 no matter what you use.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast