Thread: T-cross mods

T-cross mods

Hi everyone,
    I bought my wife a R-Line T-cross for Christmas last year. Like the car so far.
    I am looking to start doing some mods.

Looking at making a turbo back exhaust and intake piping and moving the airbox off the top of the motor. Maybe a front mount and piping depending on how I can work around the current setup.
    Then a tune.

Has anyone started moding theirs?

Users Country Flag
    There are mods available for the 1.0TSI that is in your T-Cross already.

A turbo inlet pipe (TIP) is already available, as is a cold air intake. Front mount unlikely possible due to the limited space in front, as evidenced by the integrate intercooler in the manifold. It is very unlikely you will be able to bypass that as I do not know of any replacement inlet manifolds (with out the IC) for the 1.0TSI.

A tune is already available and Stg 1 will net you 110kw.

Link to the tune and intake bits Products Archive - Harding Performance

Aftermarket downpipe (DP) from the Up 1.0TSI will likely fit (see Miltek), but no cat back as of yet that I could see.

As an FYI, you don't need to do anything to get the Stg 1 tune. The intake and DP will increase the power slightly beyond what Stg1 will give you though.
    Last edited by Sharkie; 27-09-2022 at 04:10 PM.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    There are mods available for the 1.0TSI that is in your T-Cross already.

A turbo inlet pipe (TIP) is already available, as is a cold air intake. Front mount unlikely possible due to the limited space in front, as evidenced by the integrate intercooler in the manifold. It is very unlikely you will be able to bypass that as I do not know of any replacement inlet manifolds (with out the IC) for the 1.0TSI.

A tune is already available and Stg 1 will net you 110kw.

Link to the tune and intake bits Products Archive - Harding Performance

Aftermarket downpipe (DP) from the Up 1.0TSI will likely fit (see Miltek), but no cat back as of yet that I could see.

As an FYI, you don't need to do anything to get the Stg 1 tune. The intake and DP will increase the power slightly beyond what Stg1 will give you though.
    Thanks mate they look good.
    I've had a search couldnt find much. See how I go.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Front mount unlikely possible due to the limited space in front, as evidenced by the integrate intercooler in the manifold. It is very unlikely you will be able to bypass that as I do not know of any replacement inlet manifolds (without the IC) for the 1.0TSI.
    Been thinking about this, you could try using an Up! inlet manifold. It bolts straight up to the 1.0TSI head and it does not have the integrated intercooler.

I have a spare if you want to have a go at it. In exchange (once you get it working), I'll take your manifold

Keep in mind though, that this mod would be very noticeable to VW and may lead to warranty issues.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

That's an idea.
    I'll have to get under there and have a proper look I hadn't looked at that yet.
    Might even make a new inlet manifold. See what's involved.

Is there any reason why your couldn't leave the manifold the way it is and run an intercooler as well. Going to have to get under and have a good look at this thing. Might start with stage 1 and exhaust and inlet pipe move the airbox off the top of the engine and go from there.