Thread: I have ordered/received my new T-Cross

I have ordered/received my new T-Cross

Post up if you've placed an order and/or have received your car.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Post up if you've placed an order and/or have received your car.
    Noticed the T-Cross thread is a bit quiet, I ordered a T-Cross Style with Sound + Vision package due for delivery end of January seems to be a backlog in stock, delivery is taking longer than expected. Will give an update after pickup but looks like a good everyday runabout.
    2017 MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg | Oryx White | DSG / 2021 MY21 T-Cross Style | S+V Package | Limestone Grey

Users Country Flag
    I have a Limestone Grey R-Line T-Cross with a 5,200km's on the clock.Optioned with everything you can get plus full window tint and dash cams front and rear. They are a great town and highway car. We drive regularly from the Sunshine Coast to Brisbane -about 100 plus kms and regularly return 4.6-5.00 litres per 100km. I was stuck in a 20km traffic jam over Christmas and it still returned 5.8. Acceleration is brisk, comfort and quietness first class, cruises easily at 110km, sound system is up there with a Bose I had in an Audi a few years ago. I run it on 98 octane. Only downside is the non powered tailgate. I am looking at an aftermarket option using genuine VW parts but looks to be around $4,000 fitted. VW have no problems with it affecting warranty. Amazing car for only 1 litre and 3 pots. Sophisticated vehicle aand a pleasure to drive.-Cheers-John

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Suncoaster View Post
    I have a Limestone Grey R-Line T-Cross with a 5,200km's on the clock.Optioned with everything you can get plus full window tint and dash cams front and rear. They are a great town and highway car. We drive regularly from the Sunshine Coast to Brisbane -about 100 plus kms and regularly return 4.6-5.00 litres per 100km. I was stuck in a 20km traffic jam over Christmas and it still returned 5.8. Acceleration is brisk, comfort and quietness first class, cruises easily at 110km, sound system is up there with a Bose I had in an Audi a few years ago. I run it on 98 octane. Only downside is the non powered tailgate. I am looking at an aftermarket option using genuine VW parts but looks to be around $4,000 fitted. VW have no problems with it affecting warranty. Amazing car for only 1 litre and 3 pots. Sophisticated vehicle aand a pleasure to drive.-Cheers-John
    Thanks sounds like a good daily, practical and economical, one week to go.
    2017 MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg | Oryx White | DSG / 2021 MY21 T-Cross Style | S+V Package | Limestone Grey

Users Country Flag
    After 1 week with the T-Cross I can report it's a well put together daily runabout. The cabin while sporting plenty of hard plastic has good fit and finish and certainly fit for purpose. There's plenty of room front and rear for such a small overall length, the ride is good I'm on the 17" rims. NVH and wind noise is minimal, performance is fine for most situations the DSG is smooth and unobtrusive. So far very impressed.

Users Country Flag
    Great to hear; I'm just back from another Brisbane commute with a friend who's a BMW X5 owner. He commented how quiet it is at 110km. Easy drive and the fuel economy was 5.6 litres per 100km. 6200KM's on the speedo so far.

Users Country Flag
    Just completed an interstate run in the T-Cross car performed well, getting some really good economy 3 people and stacked full of luggage, while no rocket ship the performance is easily good enough for Australia even hill climbing surprising for such a small motor. My overall economy at the pump is 5.78 L/100km this includes a fare bit of slow city driving with air-conditioner. Freeway is a breeze agree it's a very quiet car with minimal engine or wind noise. Amazing how much rear leg room is available. See attached freeway fuel economy cruising at around 105 kph with air-conditioner on 3 people and a load of luggage.

I have ordered/received my new T-Cross-2021-02-16_21-15-35-jpg

Users Country Flag

Thanks for the update, it certainly confirms my experience where I loaded the car with 2 Grandkids and all their stuff for a weeks holiday plus us to two oldies and it still returned figures similar to yours. I run on the 18 inch wheels which are supposed to be noisier and rougher, but is quiet and relaxed.Top vehicle so far. My beefs: No overhead grab handles, no power tailgate. I'd rather see the redundant CD player binned. Euro Car upgrades in Maroochydore will do a power tailgate upgrade using genuine parts for $4,000.Still chewing that over.