Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: T-Roc General Discussion Thread

I drove one in perth this week on Monday, love the engine and transmission combo. A mate is picking fully loaded sports edition next week. Will post some pictures

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I received a call from my local dealer as they're booking in test drives. I told him I'm not in the market right now but possibly in 6-12 months.

If you're not in a major hurry I'd actually wait off as there's a (global) facelift due next year for the T-Roc. Yes we only just got it and they'll be giving it a facelift as it's been out in Europe since 2017.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    If you're not in a major hurry I'd actually wait off as there's a (global) facelift due next year for the T-Roc. Yes we only just got it and they'll be giving it a facelift as it's been out in Europe since 2017.
    Can't find anything substantial in the updates for 2021 that are material:

All compatible models receive the brand’s latest MIB3 infotainment system, which features Apple CarPlay as standard and an integrated SIM card for access to new connectivity services, including music streaming and web browsing.
    In addition to the new badge and infotainment functionality, the T-Cross, T-Roc and T-Roc Cabriolet crossovers gain a new 108bhp 1.0-litre three-cylinder turbo petrol option, with the T-Roc receiving an additional 113bhp 2.0-litre diesel unit.
    the mid-sized Volkswagen T-Roc SUV gets an emergency call service as standard across its entire range. The SUV’s USB-B ports have also been replaced for USB-C ports and, on all models except the T-Roc R, the 12-volt cigarette lighter in the centre console has been replaced with a USB socket.
    Have you seen anything else that could be interesting ?

I went into my local VW dealer this morning and took a T-Roc 140TSI Sport out for a test-drive. It's everything I'd hoped in terms of the driving and handling. Turn-in is fantastic and given the relatively short wheelbase (compared to the Tiguan) it really likes to go around corners. The 140TSI engine was a bit of a surprise as it's pretty peppy and mated to the DQ381 7 speed it was always in the right gear when I wanted it even with a bit of traffic/changing lanes and on/off the throttle.

On the downside as per some of the other reviews, the interior plastics are all hard/scratchy which in itself is not so much of a problem it's just when it's at a $50k price point you'd kind of expect a nicer cabin. I drove a vehicle optioned with leather interior and again there's clearly areas where costs have been taken out of the car and that's in terms materials used. Even with the leather seats you still have mechanical adjustment (no electric seat option). Personally I don't mind this but it's still a fair amount to pay for an interior you'd expect in a $30k car.

Rear set legroom is cramped if you have a tall driver with the seats all the way back, same for rear headroom. There's enough room there for a short trip at a push but not somewhere you want to be stuck for a long journey. The roofline starts to dip before the rear seat so headroom does shrink. Same story for boot space. The boot floor is quite high which results in not a massive amount of space in the boot. There is actually a reasonable amount of space under the floor - enough probably to carry a full-size spare (though a space saver was fitted).

Overall I wasn't disappointed and came away thinking how I could make it work to fit one in the drive. The major appeal is the performance/handling and if you can live with the interior and the smaller back seat then it's a great little package.

Users Country Flag
    Hi,

Thanks for all the reviews and comments. I was wondering if anyone knew where they are manufactured? Are they German built or built in Portugal?

Also, I am 6'5, after reading your test drive post, do you think I would sit comfortably driving this car? Sounds like there would be no leg room for a backseat passenger.

I have been considering one of these for a couple of months now but hard to pull the trigger knowing there is a potential R version coming in the next two years and the facelifted Tiguan also due early next year.

Australian delivered T-Roc's are built in Palmela Portugal.

If you are concerned about if you will fit in one, then look at it at a dealer. Everyone has their own unique position inside a vehicle so any advice offered there may not apply to your case.

A facelift version of the T-Roc will be out within the next couple of years, the current model has been out since late 2017 in Europe.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc 140TSI, Audi Q5 40TDI
    Past VWs- Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

T-Roc General Discussion Thread

I’m 6’5” also and run with the front seat all the way back. There’s not a lot of room in the back seat but I can sit behind at a pinch. You could do it for a short trip but you wouldn’t want to do it for a long drive.

Head room is fine.

If you’re not in a rush I’d wait for the facelift which will be due here in 12 months. Who knows if/when the R will get here. I’m sure VW Australia would be keen but it will be whether it gets through emissions and hot climate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tigger73; 09-11-2020 at 09:36 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for all this info. It helped with my purchase.

I went in to buy a Tiguan and my wife noticed the T-Roc. It was not an easy decision but in the end the size is what sold us as she preferred a smaller run around car as we already have an Arteon.
    Last edited by HiddenTaco; 10-11-2020 at 09:55 AM.
    Arteon & T-Roc

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenTaco View Post
    Thanks for all this info. It helped with my purchase.

I went in to but a Tiguan and my wife noticed the T-Roc. It was not an easy decision but in the end the size is what sold us as she preferred a smaller run around car as we already have an Arteon.
    Yes T-Roc is a smaller car and perfect for a run-around.

Users Country Flag

Thanks for the responses Flipperdog and Tigger73. I just need to find the time to book in a test drive.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast