Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: T-Roc General Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by phaeton View Post
    Who are your sources
    The Australian Government!

Just look up the certification - Road Vehicle Descriptor for VW T-Roc

There's actually a reasonable amount of useful information there including wheel and tyre sizes, engine numbers and brake sizes.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Would they register the 8 speed and then only ever bring out the 7 speed DSG?
    Seems a little strange that the lower spec gets more gears?
    I think the Polo has 6 speed DSG in the base and then 7 speed DSG in higher models?
    Would have thought if anything, they would use the same combos?
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Quote Originally Posted by iDiesel View Post
    Would they register the 8 speed and then only ever bring out the 7 speed DSG?
    Seems a little strange that the lower spec gets more gears?
    I think the Polo has 6 speed DSG in the base and then 7 speed DSG in higher models?
    Would have thought if anything, they would use the same combos?
    No. The above site is the information used to certify a vehicle for sale in Australia. They would have to go through the process again if they were to make a change and this would cost $ and take time.

VW uses an 8 speed Aisin transmission in the Tiguan in the US. I’m guessing that they are looking to use the same/similar box in the T-Roc 110TSI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    The Australian Government!

Just look up the certification - Road Vehicle Descriptor for VW T-Roc

There's actually a reasonable amount of useful information there including wheel and tyre sizes, engine numbers and brake sizes.
    Ohh I like this site
    - Ben

1961 Karmann Ghia Coupé - 1993 Golf Cabriolet - 2006 Golf Comfortline 1.9L TDI
    2008 Jetta 2.0L FSI

T-Roc General Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by phaeton View Post
    Ohh I like this site
    This is the way you can confirm specs once they are approved for import/sale. And before the model is “released” by VWA marketing.

Also a really good resource to get specs for the more recent cars (last 10 years or so).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Well one bit of positive news it would seem with the standard black cloth upholstery there is not the terrible white surround trim border on the seats.

The exterior colour options are pedestrian to say the least !

Why a power tailgate is standard in the X and with the Sport only in the Options pack with a Sunroof seems a bewildering choice ! .... in NZ the electric tailgate is standard in their 110KW model .... come on VW Aust what were you thinking ? ......The cost to retrofit a kit from europe his crazy high

Starting to think this is a bit of a lost opportunity !

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Downunder55 View Post
    Well one bit of positive news it would seem with the standard black cloth upholstery there is not the terrible white surround trim border on the seats
    Sorry I am wrong here .....The Sport gets the white border around the seats on both the leather and cloth trim options, but the X gets a dark coloured seat border.

I need (well my wife needs) the power tailgate, don't want the sunroof in Qld as has only a blind under it, but can't live with the horrible white border around the seats, so that eliminates the Sport .... could get it re-upholstered but the price is pretty high already. ....

Then there is the X model that would give me the power tailgate but can't live with the red dash trim !

Have researched installing an aftermarket or sourcing OEM parts for the power tailgate or replacing the dash trims, neither is that easy or reasonable $'s.

Then along with the pedestrian colours ... this is now looking like a miss for me ... maybe in 2022 with the midlife upgrade, VW might do something with the hard plastics and then give us a desirable car.

Users Country Flag
    Had a sunroof with mesh in Queensland for a year with no issues (the SQ5).

As for the colours and combinations, I'm guessing at the cheaper aka younger end of the market the extra choice on the T-Cross works but at the T-Roc level the vast majority of sales will be in the white/grey/black shades.. so at least there's a red and blue option. Reduced stock costs vs. the odd lost sale, I am sure they have crunched their numbers.

Although I've always argued they should/could offer a premium color fee on order with a fixed non-refundable deposit to keep everyone happy.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Users Country Flag
    Had a few sunroof over the years and defn prefer not in this, have Boxster if I want to go sans top

Ravenna Blue would have been better than the Atlantic Blue.

Agree re colour option, but guess they don't want to do personal builds, just bring in bulk stock and you gets whats available.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Downunder55 View Post
    Had a few sunroof over the years and defn prefer not in this, have Boxster if I want to go sans top

Ravenna Blue would have been better than the Atlantic Blue.

Agree re colour option, but guess they don't want to do personal builds, just bring in bulk stock and you gets whats available.
    Well that's just silly, I'd burn to a crisp in the first 15 mins.

I had to google Ravenna which looks good - but I'd be happy with Atlantic all the same.

I totally get they don't want odd coloured stock sitting around for a long time, but they've shown they're willing to take a punt by revisiting Viper Green on the final Rs.. plus the purple and odd blue.

I'm just happy to see them in the market finally as an option.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast