Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: T-Roc General Discussion Thread

Yes the initial shipment will be fully optioned with sunroof unless you want one of the "X" models in red/black or white/red.

I'm not sure how the "packs" have been structured that you'll be able to get one with the options that you're after (leather without sunroof). It looks like these are bundled together in the "Luxury Pack".

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Downunder55 View Post
    ..... but then the R is likely to be just around the corner .....
    I wonder how far away that corner is?!! I'm in no hurry for a new car, the problem is that adding one more to the mix just makes the decision harder.
    MY15 Octavia Scout TDI135 Moon White Tech Pack Panoramic Sunroof Polar wheels

Quote Originally Posted by aslsw View Post
    I wonder how far away that corner is?!! I'm in no hurry for a new car, the problem is that adding one more to the mix just makes the decision harder.
    I’d put it at 12 months at least. It has only just been launched overseas and we’ve only just got the standard T-Roc in pre-launch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've confirmed that the engine in the 140TSI T-Roc is the same B-cycle variant with different tune as in the Tiguan (132kW) and Polo GTI (147kW). All have the same CZP engine code.

Good news is that these are now tuneable and you should also be able to bolt up a Golf R IS38 turbo and turn it into your own T-Roc R long before the real one arrives here in 3 years.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    I've confirmed that the engine in the 140TSI T-Roc is the same B-cycle variant with different tune as in the Tiguan (132kW) and Polo GTI (147kW). All have the same CZP engine code.

Good news is that these are now tuneable and you should also be able to bolt up a Golf R IS38 turbo and turn it into your own T-Roc R long before the real one arrives here in 3 years.
    How do VW react to tuning ....you are refering to a chip remap here ?

I had a TT many years ago with an APR map that Audi didn't seem to worroy about and Suncorp were easy on the insurance.

I currently have a Boxster, and Porsche have apoplexy with me just replacing the amplifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Downunder55 View Post
    How do VW react to tuning ....you are refering to a chip remap here ?

I had a TT many years ago with an APR map that Audi didn't seem to worroy about and Suncorp were easy on the insurance.

I currently have a Boxster, and Porsche have apoplexy with me just replacing the amplifier.
    VW don't generally mind until you want to make a warranty claim on the engine/drivetrain. The latest MQB cars log engine parameters including min/max values so it's pretty easy for the VW techs to see that the car has been tuned by the boost/output numbers being out of "stock" parameters. So even if you stick a JB4 tuning box on that interrupts the signals you still can't get away with it.

Moral of the story is if you tune it then it's at your risk. Generally tuning companies are pretty good overall as the last thing they want is bad reviews/issues with their tunes so pretty much all the reputable tuners will tune within "safe" limits for the car/motor/transmission.

Some insurance companies are fine with it and others won't accept any modifications. You just have to shop around an be upfront with insurance so that they can assess the risk. What you don't want is to have an insurance claim rejected because you haven't disclosed the modifications.

Most of the dealers won't touch any aftermarket gear as they aren't trained on it and have to warrant their work. If it's a genuine part then they have the full backing of the car manufacturer and if there's ever any issue the manufacturer will typically foot the bill. It's a lot less risk for the dealership and I'm pretty sure the manufacturer doesn't want to see dealers supplying/installing non-genuine parts.

Users Country Flag
    Volkswagen's long awaited T-Roc SUV can be pre-ordered online from Thursday morning ahead of its showroom arrival in April.

Priced from $40,490 Volkswagen's T-Roc 140 TSI Sport is joined in the online pre-order offer by the T-Roc X Special Edition priced at $42,990.

Both versions can be secured with a $500 deposit until mid-April or stock is exhausted.

Both of these T-Rocs and the new T-Cross compact SUV will be on view to the public at the Volksfest event in Brisbane on February 16.

The T-Roc 140TSI Sport is the premium variant of Volkswagen's smaller SUV range, completed by the T-Cross that arrives in market in the same month. The range-leading T-Roc is powered by 2.0-litre turbo-charged four cylinder engine that puts out 140kW and 320Nm via a 7-speed DSG and 4MOTION all-wheel-drive.

Volkswagen T-Roc 140TSI Sport $40,490
    Driver assistance:
    Front Assist with City Emergency Brake (City EB) and Pedestrian Monitoring
    Adaptive cruise control (ACC)
    Lane Assist with adaptive lane guidance
    Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Traffic Assist
    Traffic Jam Assist and Emergency Assist
    Proactive occupant protection system
    Rear View Camera
    Park Assist
    LED headlights and with Light Assist
    Front fog lights
    4MOTION Active Control
    Driving profile selection
    Progressive steering
    Automatic headlight function
    Rain sensing windscreen wipers
    Automatically dimming rear-view mirror

Styling and Comfort:
    R-line exterior styling
    Dark tinted rear side and rear windows
    18-inch Sebring alloys with sports suspension
    Front centre armrest
    LED interior ambient lighting
    Floor mats
    Chrome roof rails

Infotainment and Technology
    Digital cockpit
    Dual zone climate control air conditioning
    Discover Media 8-inch navigation and App-Connect
    Leather steering wheel with gearshift paddles
    Keyless access
    Power folding door mirrors

Colours

Gloss finish No cost
    (Pure White, Flash Red)
    Metallic or Pearl Effect $600
    (Atlantic Blue, Indium Grey, White silver, Deep Pearl Black)
    Option packages

Sound and Style Package $2000
    (19-inch Suzuka alloys, adaptive chassis control beats 300W premium sound)
    Luxury Package $3500
    (Panoramic glass sunroof, Vienna leather upholstery, electrically operated tailgate)
    The Volkswagen T-Roc X, a special limited edition of 200 cars created to recognize Volkswagen's decade as a major partner of the Sydney Swans, is available either as a predominantly white car with a red roof or a red car with black roof and trim.

Additional to the standard specification of the T-Roc 140TSI Sport, the T-Roc X is equipped with:

19-inch Suzuka alloys in black
    Adaptive Chassis Control
    beats 300W premium sound
    Electrically operated tailgate
    Black/anthracite/red sports cloth upholstery

A panoramic glass sunroof is a $1900 option.
    - Ben

1961 Karmann Ghia Coupé - 1993 Golf Cabriolet - 2006 Golf Comfortline 1.9L TDI
    2008 Jetta 2.0L FSI

Quote Originally Posted by phaeton View Post
    Volkswagen's long awaited T-Roc SUV can be pre-ordered online from Thursday morning ahead of its showroom arrival in April.
    Actually it was available for pre-order over a week ago

If you got in early you may have scored a good deal and/or later orders are getting gouged by dealers at full RRP and $$$ dealer delivery

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by phaeton View Post

Styling and Comfort:

R-line exterior styling

Sound and Style Package $2000
    (19-inch Suzuka alloys, adaptive chassis control beats 300W premium sound)

Luxury Package $3500
    (Panoramic glass sunroof, Vienna leather upholstery, electrically operated tailgate)
    On the VW site there is no mention of Electric Tail-Gate, which is a deal breaker for me(vertically challenged wife).

Rang my dealer and VW Oz still awaiting a returned call for over a week now.

T-Roc General Discussion Thread-vw-png

And also in the R-line styling the Oz version is missing the badging, which is a shame

T-Roc General Discussion Thread-vw1-png

also not too sure about the white surround on trim .... will hopefully see at Volksfest on 16th Feb, if I can get any details on that event.

T-Roc General Discussion Thread-vw3-png

The white trim is disgusting.

Does anybody know if the Australian T-Roc will get the sports steering wheel (like on the R-Line, GTI and R)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast