Thread: T-Roc Exhaust

Users Country Flag

T-Roc Exhaust

After reading up on the "Tiguan Exhaust" thread and seeing someone else fit one to their T-Roc successfully, I decided to go down the path of fitting a Golf R exhaust to the T-Roc (and blacked out the horrible fake exhaust tips). Keeping in mind the T-Roc is just a Golf on stilts, the only modification needed was a reducer and moving the tips in towards the centre of the car (as the T-Roc rear bumper opening is narrower than the Golf R).

The outcome was exactly what I was after - a small increase in sound and something that looks OEM.

Interested to see if anyone else has changed their T-Roc exhaust?

Last edited by wedgett; 07-05-2022 at 10:31 AM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    A few other photos of T-Roc aftermarket exhausts from my research.

Users Country Flag
    I am very keen to go down a similar route with my T-Roc and will talk to my guy in the coming weeks. Will look into whether we can source a decent used system, or may have to go down the new aftermarket route. Tassie being such a relatively small market can make obtaining some parts difficult.

Great work though, love it! Definitely inspired me.
    Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Sorry one more thing - are those rear mudflats I see? Where did you source them from? I’m keen to reduce the splatter - the t-roc generates a lot.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by doc_777 View Post
    Sorry one more thing - are those rear mudflats I see? Where did you source them from? I’m keen to reduce the splatter - the t-roc generates a lot.
    Mudflaps are from AliExpress. Really impressed with the fitment considering the price! 4 PCS Mudguards Mudflap Fender Mud Flaps Splash Muddy Baffle Accessories for VW Volkswagen T Roc TRoc T Roc 2017 2018 2019 2020|Mudguards| - AliExpress

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wedgett View Post
    I ordered a set of these to see what they were like. 10 days to delivery. Priced around $20.
    Just a set of mudguards front and rear with 9 x screws and an angle tool, no fitting instructions or (English) markings to separate front or rear, left or right but very easy to work out.
    Fitting was very simple, just remove the current screws, fit the guard and replace the original hardware.
    Front required one each side to screw into the plastic but done with a standard screwdriver and the supplied screws.
    No need to remove the wheels or angle them out for access.

For $20 the quality of these mudguards are fantastic. Fitment spot on. Finish a 9 out of 10.

Thanks for the link @wedgett, I highly recommend these for the value they represent.
    Last edited by Flipper Dog; 24-05-2022 at 10:40 PM.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc 140TSI, Audi Q5 40TDI
    Past VWs- Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Quote Originally Posted by Flipper Dog View Post
    I ordered a set of these to see what they were like. 10 days to delivery. Priced around $20.
    Just a set of mudguards front and rear with 9 x screws and an angle tool, no fitting instructions or (English) markings to separate front or rear, left or right but very easy to work out.
    Fitting was very simple, just remove the current screws, fit the guard and replace the original hardware.
    Front required one each side to screw into the plastic but done with a standard screwdriver and the supplied screws.
    No need to remove the wheels or angle them out for access.

For $20 the quality of these mudguards are fantastic. Fitment spot on. Finish a 9 out of 10.

Thanks for the link @wedgett, I highly recommend these for the value the represent.
    No worries at all, glad you like them!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Hi, Question what model Golf R did you retrofit the exhaust from?Love the look....