Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Service Schedule

Users Country Flag

Service Schedule

Does anyone have a service schedule for the T-Roc?

I know it is a 12 month/15,000km service interval but I can't find anything on what actually gets done at each service. This is the first time I've ever seen a car that doesn't come with a service booklet. The dealer service department just said to google it. I tried that and got no results.

If you're going to pre-pay for the dealer service plan it would be good to know what you're actually paying for.

The 3-year plan is $1,300 and the 5-year plan which would probably take the car to the end of the warranty is $2,100. That latter plan supposedly saves almost $700 of the cost of getting those services as regular "assured services".
    If you dig a hole and it is in the wrong place, digging it deeper isn't going to help.

Users Country Flag
    Hi Banzai, I have a new/ish T-Cross and T-Cross and T-Roc are the first vehicles without a service book. Others are following. My dealer was unaware of the issue until raised by me. All services will be recorded digitally and stored. You can request that PDF records be emailed to you for your own digital and/or paper record. This doesn't answer your question and one that I didn't ask. I assume that it will cover all the normal dot points but will be predominantly oil change and checklist with periodic pollen filters, air filter. It's a bit hard, after keeping well maintained books for years to be kept in the dark, but that seems to be the new paradigm. Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Suncoaster View Post
    Hi Banzai, I have a new/ish T-Cross and T-Cross and T-Roc are the first vehicles without a service book. Others are following.
    Other vehicles in the VW group have been digital for 2-3 years. It's a crap system as non-dealership workshops can't record your service.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Jump onto VW Sutherland and the service items are listed: Volkswagen Service Sutherland | Sutherland Volkswagen

Select the vehicle and book a service. Then you can select the service interval and click on the link to "see package details". It itemises all the inspections and maintenance items.

12month / 15,000km - engine oil/filter change, brake fluid
    24month / 30,000km - engine oil/filter change, brake fluid, pollen filter
    36month / 45,000km - engine oil/filter change, brake fluid, air filter
    48month / 60,000km - engine oil/filter change, brake fluid, pollen filter, spark plugs, fuel filter
    60month / 75,000km - engine oil/filter change, brake fluid
    72month / 90,000km - engine oil/filter change, pollen filter, air filter
    84month / 105,000km - engine oil/filter change, brake fluid
    96month / 120,000km - engine oil/filter change, brake fluid, pollen filter, spark plugs, fuel filter

Additional items:

Haldex Oil - every 3 years
    Renew Toothed Belt, Tensioner and Roller - every 7 years or 105,000km

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks Tigger73
    If you dig a hole and it is in the wrong place, digging it deeper isn't going to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzai View Post
    Thanks Tigger73
    No problem. It's a pretty standard service schedule for VW.

The only thing it doesn't show is the DSG service interval which I think is 4 years / 60,000km but it's not listed.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Also questioned the Service Book not being in the wallet with the Owner's Manual when I picked up the T-ROC and was told VW had gone to VSR (Virtual Service Record) ..... Rego No will bring up the VIN and so no matter which dealer you go to for service they can see your record and what's been done or not done.
    2016 (MY17) VW Golf GTI 40 Years 6 Speed Manual SOLD
    2020 VW T-ROC 140TSI Sport

Users Country Flag
    With a little googling I found this As with the TIguan the 48 month one includes a DSG service hence the price

Service Pricing Guide | Volkswagen Australia
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 03-01-2021 at 06:38 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Would explain why the fixed service cost @ 48 months is so expensive.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Banzai View Post
    The 3-year plan is $1,300 and the 5-year plan which would probably take the car to the end of the warranty is $2,100. That latter plan supposedly saves almost $700 of the cost of getting those services as regular "assured services".
    Took out the 5 year plan - saved $696 (what VW state) ...... bit of an issue with getting the paperwork through via email which took 6 weeks - my email the fault apparently which no one else has a trouble with - well try this gmail = got it in a couple of hours.

Anyway checked the 2021 fixed service costs and they had all gone up for the 5 years and so now an additional $196.00 has been saved and expect more from 2022 on.

Only issue is VW must be the only service unit who do NOT do a wheel rotation and balance unless you ask for it = so dumb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast