Thread: New T-Roc - No engine cover?

Users Country Flag

New T-Roc - No engine cover?

Just wondering if anyone has picked up their new t-roc and can confirm if yours had an engine cover?

My dealer is saying it’s a cost saving measure by VW removing them?

This article has a photo of I’m assuming an overseas model
    2022 Volkswagen T-Roc R Australian pricing and features

This is mine
    New T-Roc - No engine cover?-img_5310-jpg
    Last edited by smurf; 18-08-2022 at 09:14 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    I head the floppy design engine covers were melting, so VW has stopped fitting them to new cars. Certainly doesnt look right with no engine cover though.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Certainly doesnt look right with no engine cover though.
    Yeah, modern engines are pretty ugly bits of kit compared to older iterations. I guess we have all of the modern electronics and direct injection to thank for that. Plastic engine covers are very much a necessary evil to hide all of this.

Once upon a time you could actually see the cam covers of an engine, and they were a feature of sorts <cue rose coloured glasses and a SR20/4AGE cam cover montage>

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by petemac110 View Post
    Once upon a time you could actually see the cam covers of an engine, and they were a feature of sorts <cue rose coloured glasses and a SR20/4AGE cam cover montage>
    Exactly. I had 2x Nissan 200sx's when I was younger and they were a great looking engine. Those days are gone now though. Plastic fantastic as far as the eye can see these days.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

I found an article that said they had removed them while they redesign them. The car sales guy had no idea, just checked their demo and it didn’t have one either so figured it must be how they come. Looks pretty ordinary without it.