Thread: Modifications and Impact on Warranty - Audio

Users Country Flag

Modifications and Impact on Warranty - Audio

I am looking to upgrade my Beats Audio and a little worried if it will impact the factory warranty.

Has anyone have experience with how lenient VW are with warranty ?

I am looking to install some mid-range speakers in the door pockets to improve the middle frequency performance, that I think is quite lacking.

The upgrade will occur on the speaker side of the current amplifier with the current amplifier output being direct into a new amplifier rather than the speakers, this is common practice in the car audio world apparently.

I would be happy if VW were to say if the Amp is damaged then no warranty, but I don't want them to void any other possible faults.

I have another car, where the manufacturer will not extend the warranty as I replaced the amp, so every 2 years I have to re-swap the new amp out, extend the warranty, then refit !

Users Country Flag
    It should only affect the warranty on your stereo system. So for instance, if you upgrade your speakers and have a mechanical failure with your engine or transmission, they will not deny your warranty. But if you upgrade your speakers and then have an electrical issue related to the stereo then you will be on your own.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    It should only affect the warranty on your stereo system. So for instance, if you upgrade your speakers and have a mechanical failure with your engine or transmission, they will not deny your warranty. But if you upgrade your speakers and then have an electrical issue related to the stereo then you will be on your own.
    Thank you ... Well that's fair .... let the fun begin...... but still think I might wait till after the first service to install ...

This is the first prototype for the speaker mount for the LH door pocket.

Modifications and Impact on Warranty - Audio-img_5427-jpg