Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MIB 3 information

MIB 3 information

Looks like I am in the market for a T-Roc and I am seeking some information on the MIB 3 media system (Discover 8" MIB3 ) for my research.
    Looking over the vehicle I have noticed some differences to the Discover Pro 9.2" I have in my 7.5 Golf, can someone provide any information as the dealer is uneducated in this system.

There appear to be no SD card slots. The old MIB2 system used an SD card for mapping data, does this mean there is no SD card for map data now? I also noticed that the mapping data is different (Australia and New Zealand only maps, not multi region). Details from other regions indicate that the mapping data is updated as required via an e-sim card, is there an e-sim in Australian spec vehicles then?
    No SD card now. Mapping is loaded internally. No e-sim, however the system can be connected to any WI-FI network for software updates.
    The maps can also be updated via the main VW site using USB thumb drive. There are some posts on the process you can look for on this forum but the MIB3 is not just simply inserting the files in and watching it load.

The digital cockpit display appears not to allow display of maps in while it is displayed in the main screen on the dash unit. Is this correct? Is there any way of displaying maps in both as I like to have the dash display zoomed in to 150/200m and the VC displayed at 400m to give me a better prospective of the surrounding area.
    Can only have one OEM display at a time. Found coding to turn off the digital cockpit display but that is no use. Will keep researching this as there are users in Europe activating this.
    Update - Found the issue here, the Discover unit does not have the same computing power as the Discover Pro to allow the mapping images to be displayed both in the VC and main screen at the same time. The European users were using Discover Pro versions.

Does AA/carplay navigation allow display of their maps in the dash and VW mapping in the VC at the same time?
    Yes it does

Does the map display 3D buildings?
    No 3D buildings yet

Is voice control, the VW one, active?
    VW voice control is not active, however on Android Auto "hey Google" works

Has anyone activated TMC traffic info yet? Suna Australia TMC code 1024.
    No luck here. It appears traffic in via online traffic not the Suna FM code as before

Will be fitting a dash cam which uses the 12v cigarette lighter socket to give power only when the ignition is on, noticed the only cigarette lighter socket is in front of the gear selector which is not really suitable. So looking to use the USB C sockets in the rear centre console. Are these USB C sockets powered on with the ignition or is there power for a while after shut down?
    USB C sockets (all 4 for them) power off when ignition is off. Working well with dash cam
    Last edited by Flipper Dog; 20-03-2022 at 09:59 AM.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc 140TSI, Audi Q5 40TDI
    Past VWs- Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag
    Definitely no sd card.
    Was hoping to listen to my flacs.
    Will try a USBC flash drive to see if it works. Have read it should

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by daft009 View Post
    Definitely no sd card.
    Was hoping to listen to my flacs.
    Will try a USBC flash drive to see if it works. Have read it should
    Nothing works. Maps cant be loaded music by air connection only

Plenty around about its deficiencies
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    i read some cases about a usb-c flash drive working for music?

not sure how to make use of the wifi connection for music? did you find any guides?
    2008 Mk5 Golf GT TDI DSG
    2012 Mk6 Golf R DSG

Quote Originally Posted by daft009 View Post
    i read some cases about a usb-c flash drive working for music?
    You need to select media and the source - USB C sticks do work with music and video files.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc 140TSI, Audi Q5 40TDI
    Past VWs- Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipper Dog View Post
    You need to select media and the source - USB C sticks do work with music and video files.
    Thanks will give it a go

Users Country Flag
    Can the wifi in the head unit be used to play music somehow?

Users Country Flag
    If you're using a wifi enabled app, yes it can. Example is wireless carplay - it uses wifi.
    Cheers

My Skoda picks up our home WiFi but I can't log into the home account. The only work around for this is using my phone as a,hotspot and then doing WiFi from there. Annoying but it is what it is.

Users Country Flag

My T-Roc is the same - can't/won't connect to home WiFi. I'm still trying to work out how to get the unit to accept or even recognise the latest map update via USB-C.
    Cheers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast