Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MIB 3 information

Users Country Flag

I had no issues getting mine connected to my home WiFi but couldn't see any benefits/new features after connecting

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by doc_777 View Post
    My T-Roc is the same - can't/won't connect to home WiFi. I'm still trying to work out how to get the unit to accept or even recognise the latest map update via USB-C.
    Wont because it cant Plenty of reading about it on various forums and all say the same. My dealer said they will update maps at each service. Because we dont have Appconnect here is the reason and Skoda are looking at what to do apparently
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    How are you guys seeing your home WiFi?
    I have a 2021 kamiq with the admussen unit but haven't found anywhere that let's me connect the car too wifi
    2021 Kamiq Monte Carlo
    1.5 DSG Moon White

My T-Roc is the same - can't/won't connect to home WiFi. I'm still trying to work out how to get the unit to accept or even recognise the latest map update via USB-C.
    Same issue here, USB-C is reading my drive (can tell by the flashing light on the thumbdrive) but not doing anything. I have had it in the slot for a week.
    Of interest I found this Technical Product Information on the MIB3 for software 027x (I have 0270).
    TPI 2062880/2.
    MIB 3 information-tpi-mib3-1-jpg
    MIB 3 information-tpi-mib3-2-jpg
    MIB 3 information-tpi-mib3-3-jpg

I have not approached the dealer yet as I have other things to do - like lock myself down.
    So if any one wants to test the water, please lets us know.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc R, Audi Q5
    Past VWs- T-Roc R-Line, Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

@doc_777 how many usb c ports does your vehicle have ? My Skoda has two in the front and the one closest to the NSF is the one I can use to play music from a flash drive. Sorry for not being up to speed with the VW side of things.

Hillbilly let's hope the issue can be resolved. My Skoda app works but short of using as a means for the owners manual,telling me where my closest dealer is or as a route planner it is basically useless.

Users Country Flag
    If you're using a wifi enabled app, yes it can. Example is wireless carplay - it uses wifi.
    Doesnt Carplay and Android auto use Bluetooth to connect Does on mine for AA anyway
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Hi there - 2 in the front, 2 in the back

Users Country Flag
    Initiates the connection with Bluetooth, then switches to wifi

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Flipper Dog View Post
    Same issue here, USB-C is reading my drive (can tell by the flashing light on the thumbdrive) but not doing anything. I have had it in the slot for a week.
    Of interest I found this Technical Product Information on the MIB3 for software 027x (I have 0270).
    TPI 2062880/2.
    MIB 3 information-tpi-mib3-1-jpg
    MIB 3 information-tpi-mib3-2-jpg
    MIB 3 information-tpi-mib3-3-jpg

I have not approached the dealer yet as I have other things to do - like lock myself down.
    So if any one wants to test the water, please lets us know.
    That is a brilliant lead, thank you for providing! I expect to hear from the dealer in the next week or so regarding installation of my towbar - I will bring this to their attention at the same time and ask for them to undertake the update on the day of the towbar install (assuming the update is relevant to my vehicle). *I am pretty sure it's relevant, since I am on version 0270, and cannot perform the map update via USB so that fits within the findings on the doc you provided.
    Cheers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast