Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I have ordered/received my new T-Roc

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    I think you'd have to getthe ship name from the dealer so tht you can track it. Not sure if they have that info these days. Otherwise you have to know the port and the shipping line that carries the cars to figure out which boat your car is likely on.
    The dealer said they were unable to get the ship details, just the Vin, build date and revised delivery date.

Pretty sure T-Roc's are made in the VW plant outside Lisbon Portugal, and so would leave from the port in Setúbal just south of the plant, but that is as far as I have got..... just a bit of patience now .... but March is better that the original estimate of May.

Users Country Flag
    You can track it on the ship on these sites:

Track and Trace

and

Track and trace - Cargo tracking - Wallenius Wilhelmsen

Enter the VIN into the Cargo Info field on the last 1.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    You can track it on the ship on these sites:

Track and Trace

and

Track and trace - Cargo tracking - Wallenius Wilhelmsen

Enter the VIN into the Cargo Info field on the last 1.
    Thanks Sharkie ....had previously tried these links, it may be too early or with the T-Roc being made in Portugal that Wallenius Wilhelmsen may not ship from Setubal to Oceania.

I can not find a route for this on their website. It could also be that these are exclusive contracted routes that don't appear on their schedules. Trade maps - Wallenius Wilhelmsen

You can sometimes also work it out by getting the docking date from your dealer and work it back from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    It will take somewhere between 3 and 6 weeks from the build date to appear on any of the shipping companies' tracking. My bet would be Wallenius as they are the biggest vehicle shippers and all my VWs bought new (and the Mustang) shipped through them.

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    I think you'd have to getthe ship name from the dealer so tht you can track it. Not sure if they have that info these days. Otherwise you have to know the port and the shipping line that carries the cars to figure out which boat your car is likely on.
    I wouldn't hold my breath that the dealers will know before you, they are pretty clueless at the best of times. In ALL cases I was able to tell them where my car was well before they knew (and BTW this was all Austral VW )

Plus, once it docks in Brisbane, you can really pile on the pressure to get them to speed up that pre-delivery process.
    Last edited by Sharkie; 21-01-2021 at 02:00 PM.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath that the dealers will know before you, they are pretty clueless at the best of times. In ALL cases I was able to tell them where my car was well before they knew (and BTW this was all Austral VW )
    Glad I am not the only one who has a less than complimentary view of Austral .....and not just with this transaction..... It was hard to even get any attention from the sales staff in the 6+ times I visited the showroom, which is unfortunate as I live nearby.

Yet the dealer in Greenslopes was great to deal with, and have been proactive in finding out info for me.

Users Country Flag

My Factory Order Process

My T-ROC is on it's way, the process so far has been:

Initially you get a couple of emails from VW telling you the car has been Ordered and then Built.

I have ordered/received my new T-Roc-screenshot-2021-02-12-071638-jpg

Once built you can contact your dealer and get the VIN number.

T-ROC's are built near Lisbon Portugal, and are shipped from the nearby port of Setubal.

You can track shipping in the port www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ports/184

If you move the map you can see the names of the ships picking up cars from the VW dock (in red), and then look for their destination.

I have ordered/received my new T-Roc-screenshot-2021-02-12-073111-jpg

It would seem T-ROC's bound for Australia get pre-shipped to Santander in Spain before being picked up by Hoegh Autoliners for the long leg. Their shipping timetable is here www.hoeghautoliners.com/sailing-schedule#?schedule=trade&trade=EUAF

You can also then use the VIN to get the exact details www.hoeghautoliners.com/my-cargo

And then track the ship enroute to Australia. Mine is currently off the coast of Africa - www.fleetmon.com/vessels/hoegh-shanghai_9312482_26618/#tab-schedule

Users Country Flag
    Nice, good job in tracking this down. Another shipping tracker to be added to my list, awesome!

Ordered the T-Roc 110tsi style today!
    Went for the indium grey paint, and both packages (sound & vision and luxury)

Dealer said expected delivery end of May, can’t wait to get the tracking/order update emails!

Quote Originally Posted by GoingPlaces View Post
    Ordered the T-Roc 110tsi style today!
    Went for the indium grey paint, and both packages (sound & vision and luxury)

Dealer said expected delivery end of May, can’t wait to get the tracking/order update emails!
    Congrats, GoingPlaces!

I’ve driven the 140TSI and it was a bloody decent drive, almost as fun as my 2019 Golf GTI. Surprised the hell out of me.

The 110 engine is a ripper too, you’ll love it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast