Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for your T-Roc?

Quote Originally Posted by Flipper Dog View Post
    Also keen to know as I haven't reached a final decision to chase down pricing yet. Looking around I see there is a good selection of current stock with even better choices within the next month for the examples above. I know the 110 TSI is selling well but not hearing much about the 140 TSI.
    Yeah I’m not seeing much on the 140TSI either.

$52k is too much fully optioned, considering the interior is so horrid. And it’ll be the same price as a facelift Tiguan 132 Life with lux pack.

If I can get 10% off (unlikely I’m guessing) then I’d go for it and live with the tacky leather LOL

Quote Originally Posted by westenderbender View Post
    Yeah I’m not seeing much on the 140TSI either.

$52k is too much fully optioned, considering the interior is so horrid. And it’ll be the same price as a facelift Tiguan 132 Life with lux pack.

If I can get 10% off (unlikely I’m guessing) then I’d go for it and live with the tacky leather LOL
    I'd suggest giving the Mawson Lakes dealership in SA a call. They are a new dealership and always looking for ways to make sales. I know they were offloaded with a quite a few "hard to sell" models (edition X, launch models) just to fill up their yard to start with. I know they were doing a range of things to these cars to get them shifted - discounts/wrapping/etc.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    I'd suggest giving the Mawson Lakes dealership in SA a call. They are a new dealership and always looking for ways to make sales. I know they were offloaded with a quite a few "hard to sell" models (edition X, launch models) just to fill up their yard to start with. I know they were doing a range of things to these cars to get them shifted - discounts/wrapping/etc.
    Oh yeah I did see one X model with a black wrap on the roof. Shame you can’t fix the red interior.

If only the Tiguans had some element of fun to them. I test drove a 162 R-Line and a 140 T-Roc back to back and the Tiguan was lifeless, even in sport. Utterly refined but utterly boring. The T-Roc was seriously FUN, almost as fun to chuck around as my ‘19 Golf GTI. But the interior, oh god is it bad.

Oh yeah I did see one X model with a black wrap on the roof. Shame you can’t fix the red interior.

If only the Tiguans had some element of fun to them. I test drove a 162 R-Line and a 140 T-Roc back to back and the Tiguan was lifeless, even in sport. Utterly refined but utterly boring. The T-Roc was seriously FUN, almost as fun to chuck around as my ‘19 Golf GTI. But the interior, oh god is it bad.
    I 100% agree. I think the best interior is the basic cloth in the 140TSI. The red highlights in the X is a bit much but I think would be fixable without major cost. I don't mind the highlights on the doors and across the dash but the whole red centre console is just a step too far.

They do however handle really well and are a great little package. I'll wait to see what happens with the mid-life update which is due to come through in the next 12 months (yes it's getting updated already as we were so late in getting it here).

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    I 100% agree. I think the best interior is the basic cloth in the 140TSI. The red highlights in the X is a bit much but I think would be fixable without major cost. I don't mind the highlights on the doors and across the dash but the whole red centre console is just a step too far.

They do however handle really well and are a great little package. I'll wait to see what happens with the mid-life update which is due to come through in the next 12 months (yes it's getting updated already as we were so late in getting it here).
    Honestly if the interior was to a Golf standard, or even a Karoq standard, I’d be all over it. Or just plain coloured leather seats. I don’t even mind the hard plastic. It’s the red stitching mixed with tri-colour leather, the whole thing is all over the place.

The mid-life update will probably bring in the new generation VW steering wheel, replacing the beautiful mk7 era GTI/R/R-Line steering wheel, which is a major downfall for me.

Users Country Flag
    Have found the interior grows on you. Have the Pure White 140TSI Sport with both option upgrade kits.
    Yeah to start with the seats are in your face & hard plastics are bad BUT many people who check it out when parked comment how great it looks and even the interior doesn't distract them.
    The wife and I really don't notice the hard plastics when we are out in it ..... we just enjoy the ride
    2016 (MY17) VW Golf GTI 40 Years 6 Speed Manual SOLD
    2020 VW T-ROC 140TSI Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Ale View Post
    Have found the interior grows on you. Have the Pure White 140TSI Sport with both option upgrade kits.
    Yeah to start with the seats are in your face & hard plastics are bad BUT many people who check it out when parked comment how great it looks and even the interior doesn't distract them.
    The wife and I really don't notice the hard plastics when we are out in it ..... we just enjoy the ride
    That’s great feedback, thanks Ale. The ride is certainly compelling, it’s 9/10ths as good as my Golf GTI.

How are you finding the car generally? Are the seats and ride comfortable? (That’s my main reason for switching from a GTI, dodgy hip LOL)

It’s the red stitching mixed with tri-colour leather
    So glad the 110 style doesn’t have the red stitching, that would have been a deal breaker for me. But, the leather looks much better in person than in all the photos I’ve seen!

I wasn't looking at a replacement for the Golf just yet but an issue with the jaws of life and the "B" pillar had me looking at the 140TSI with both options and metallic paint, very limited stock anywhere ready to go. Broker I have tried can only do retail price and an additional 3 months delivery time.
    Managed to score the exact spec I want just getting loaded on the boat now. Best I could do was list price minus the cost of the paint. Even the dealership I have purchased a few of the cars in my signature block from suggested that was the best offer around at the current time unless I wanted a different colour or less options.
    The days of 5% standard discount and about 25% off option packs are not happening just now as the dealerships can afford to stand their ground.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc 140TSI, Audi Q5 40TDI
    Past VWs- Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag

That’s great feedback, thanks Ale. The ride is certainly compelling, it’s 9/10ths as good as my Golf GTI.

How are you finding the car generally? Are the seats and ride comfortable? (That’s my main reason for switching from a GTI, dodgy hip LOL)
    The T-ROC is fine, rides nicely (only used normal mode), seats are comfortable ..... I got arthritis in both knees and base of the spine and one reason we got it because of the size suiting us, but still get into the Golf GTI 40Years and damn the discomfort.
    Only thing is as we have the Luxury and Sound/Style packs the sub woofer is in the space saver spare and so boot depth & overall size is acceptable but not great - the GTI to me has more but then it may be the stuff the Mrs wants to cart in the boot for shopping expeditions.

Spoke to the dealer the other day re a marketing call received and he said they are having problems with getting stock.

Wheels CoTY ..... VW didn't supply any T-ROC for appraisal and the car that won - Mazda CX30 had been beaten soundly in all road tests by the T-ROC.

PS. sorry for delay in replying.
    2016 (MY17) VW Golf GTI 40 Years 6 Speed Manual SOLD
    2020 VW T-ROC 140TSI Sport

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast