Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel economy on 2.0L 140TSI question ?

Users Country Flag

Fuel economy on 2.0L 140TSI question ?

Hi All,

I've had my new T-Roc R-Line 140TSI now for a few months and just want to ask other owners about their fuel economy, i drive about 50/50 city/highway and I am getting an average of 8.6L/100km...does this seem normal ? Only thing i've done is change the air filter to K&N drop in filter (I like the noise VW T-Roc 140TSI with K&N 33-3005 air filter turbo noise. - YouTube )

Fuel economy on 2.0L 140TSI question ?-screenshot-jpg

98RON fuel every fill up
    Current 2023 T-Roc R-Line 140TSI | Past 2015 Jetta Trendline 118TSI

Users Country Flag
    Those numbers sound reasonable enough. The biggest impact on fuel economy is the right foot. No two drivers are the same, and unless you're comparing two identical vehicles driven side-by-side over identical routes, the mileage comparison is moot.

Mine has an APR stage 1+ tune, and an APR open intake - I get slightly better average mileage than yours, but as noted - my driving route is probably very different to yours.
    Cheers

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by doc_777 View Post
    Those numbers sound reasonable enough. The biggest impact on fuel economy is the right foot. No two drivers are the same, and unless you're comparing two identical vehicles driven side-by-side over identical routes, the mileage comparison is moot.

Mine has an APR stage 1+ tune, and an APR open intake - I get slightly better average mileage than yours, but as noted - my driving route is probably very different to yours.
    thanks for replying, i'm finding now with hotter weather in sydney and running the a/c and driving in sydney traffic the fuel economy is getting worse..... 18km trip to work is taking 45min stop and go all the way.

off topic how much was your APR tune ? and how much power you getting now ? thanks.

Users Country Flag
    Hot weather will certainly increase fuel consumption.

Stage 1+ APR ECU tunes are currently about $1000 I believe. Performance is about lineball with my wife's A4 with is (standard Audi) 185kw tune. So am guessing a similar kind of power output. Against the clock, it's comfortably under 6 seconds from 0-100km/h. Plenty quick enough for my needs.
    Cheers

Stage 1+ APR ECU tunes are currently about $1000 I believe. Performance is about lineball with my wife's A4 with is (standard Audi) 185kw tune. So am guessing a similar kind of power output. Against the clock, it's comfortably under 6 seconds from 0-100km/h. Plenty quick enough for my needs.
    very nice..... might have to think about getting it..... can vw pick up the tune when i go for service ?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by jake85 View Post
    very nice..... might have to think about getting it..... can vw pick up the tune when i go for service ?
    Yes they can.
    Cheers

Yes they can.
    not good, so if i would tune they could not honor warranty repairs right ?..... i guess i'll wait 5 years till im out of warranty to tune

Users Country Flag
    No, that is not correct - and Australian Consumer Law is a vastly under-explored topic. There are many owners (including me) who have no issues with their dealership honouring warranty after modifying their vehicles (including ECU tunes).
    Cheers

No, that is not correct - and Australian Consumer Law is a vastly under-explored topic. There are many owners (including me) who have no issues with their dealership honouring warranty after modifying their vehicles (including ECU tunes).
    good to know, thanks heaps.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jake85 View Post
    You can always use a Burger Motorsports JB1 or JB4 if you want to try and retain your warranty. Burger Motorsports JB4 Performance Tune '-' VW / Audi / Skoda 2.0T Gen3B | AutoInstruct
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast