Thread: Door pocket linings

Users Country Flag

Door pocket linings

Some may think I'm mad (and probably rightly so) but one of the small things that annoyed me with the T-Roc was the lack of any kind of lining in the door pockets, glove box etc.

I hate rattles with a passion, and the lack of anything soft to line them made things that shouldnt make any noise, rattle and tinkle etc.

I found these on China mart:

VOLKSWAGEN T-ROC TRIM PLATED COMFORT SET and FABRIC SELF ADHESIVE-LASER CUT VOLKSWAGEN T ROC TRIM PLATED COMFORT SET & FABRIC SELF ADHESIVE LASER CUT|Car Covers| - AliExpress

Some of the shaping isn't absolutely perfect - for instance the lining for the glovebox is likely just a mirror image of the left-hand drive shape so took some minor fettling - but end result is a pretty big improvement over what was there.

Here are some of my efforts below. The glovebox shows a minor wrinkle which came out when I used some gentle heat with the heat gun and some pressure. The adhesive on the door pocket felt lining is pretty tacky - I learned a lot applying the first one. The little creases that seem visible in the picture really aren't at all noticeable in person.

Took a few weeks to arrive (shipped from Turkey) - international shipping at the moment is pretty extended - but for what I wanted, well and truly worth it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Door pocket linings-lf-door-jpg   Door pocket linings-glovebox-jpg  

Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Looks good and I can absolutely see the value in doing this. I also hate anything rattling in the car. Funnily enough the 3x late model Golf's ive had have all had lining on the door pockets, but my wife's Audi SQ5 has nothing, so i find my keys are always rattling in her car - especially if I have the music turned up. I'll have to have a look to see if they have a similar product for the Audi.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag

How are these going a few months on? Still sticking well?