Thread: Anything I’ve missed on my order?

Users Country Flag

Anything I’ve missed on my order?

Okay so I’ve put a deposit on a new T-Roc. 140 sport in blue with both option packs, a tow bar and tinted front windows.

I’ve been doing some hunting and it looks like there is a good aftermarket wireless charging solution (from Inbay) for the one missing feature that I think would bug me.

Any T-Roc owners care to chime in with thoughts on anything they wish they had ordered when they bought their car? Just wanting to make sure I haven’t missed something through lack of product knowledge - this was kinda an impulse purchase so I don’t know heaps about the vehicle or it’s accessories etc.
    Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 05-06-2021 at 02:54 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

With paint and both option packs there is nothing more you can order with your vehicle from VW.
    You can always get your dealership to do the old paint and leather protection or wrapping for you. I would get them to throw in rubber mats for the front, rear and boot space if you are that way inclined.

Having just received a Blue (Ravenna) 140TSI with both option packs I can comment on what "should have been available" for my order:
    Wireless charging - yes. But our phones don't support this so it is not that important.
    Proper stereo- Beats system is very disappointing after the Dynaudio in the Golf I had. But this is the top of the range system available to the T-Roc.
    Heads up display - Nice to have but not available in current models.
    MIB3 Discover Pro - The MIB3 is very basic in imagery of mapping data, user configurations and ability to have both displays showing maps at the same time. Again the Pro is not an option on T-Rocs.
    DAB+ - Still missing from any VW in Australia, Skoda and Audi have them.
    SIM card and internet connectivity - You can connect by using your phone but having a built in connection would be handy.
    Better quality rear camera - And while I am at it, how about another three cameras to give an all round view. Not an option on any T-Roc just yet.
    SD slots and CD/DVD drive - This has been removed with the MIB3. In fact the whole MIB3 is a big disappointment from the MIB2.
    USB slot in the rear vision mirror area - To allow for fitting of a dash camera. Nice to have but not something VW has.
    Electric memory seats - $50k vehicle with manual seats!!!! Really!
    Driver profiles - Not only to link up seating adjustments but to allow for radio, climate and driver settings to be remembered.
    Build quality - It is not just the hard plastic you hear about in reviews, it is the overall quality of materials that are a level below the Golf 7 series.
    Cup holder cover - A sliding cover over the front cup holders would be nice.
    Carpet in the door pockets - Gets a but noisy in there.
    Sound installation - Road noise is really noticeable at highway speeds from the tyres and external mirrors.
    Mud flaps - The R-Line does not have these available for it, but I am working on this with other forums for ideas.
    R-Line having same front as a T-ROC R - Oversea model T-Roc R have a very distinctive front end which is replicated over most other R/R-Line models in the VW range but the T-Roc R-Line only gets the same front end as non R-Line models.

Having gone from a Golf 7.5 R-Line I was expecting the T-Roc 140TSI R-Line was going the be the same with a more powerful engine, all wheel drive and higher driving position. It does but the T-Roc is not a direct replacement over the Golf as much as I first thought. Looking at a Golf 8 you can also see that this model is built to a price now, much the same with a T-Roc.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc 140TSI, Audi Q5 40TDI
    Past VWs- Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag
    I adapted a set of mudflaps from AliExpress for my Tiguan Rline as they arent made for them either. If you want I can send you some pics of how I did it and they fit perfectly. All I needed was a 1/4 in round file, a heatgun and a craft knife
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Thanks everyone, appreciated.
    Cheers