Thread: T-Roc R Information

T-Roc R Information

Looking at the new Roc R and wondering if anyone knows if the turbo is the same as the Mk 8 Golf R, or if it is same as Mk 7.5 Golf R.

If same as Mk 8, how easy would it be to at least get the power up to 235 kW without voiding the warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

Engines are identical, just a difference in tune from the factory for some reason.

Practically impossible to up the power to that of the Golf without resorting to some sort of aftermarket tuning which will affect your warranty on anything that may be affected by a different state of tune than stock. Even piggybacks can be detected these days if VW really wants to find evidence of it being used.

You cannot simply load a Golf R tune either as nobody has yet cracked the encryption on the new generation of ECUs found in the new Rs.

The good news is that later proper ECU tunes will become available from the aftermarket, which will very likely make all the Rs make the same power. Warranty will still be at risk though. Bottom line is .... if you want to be 100% secure on your warranty do not tune (any tune).
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...