Thread: WTB Helix Subwoofer

Users Country Flag

WTB Helix Subwoofer

Hi all

im chasing a Helix Sub / DSP part number 000 051 419 or 000 051 419B , if anyone has one for sale complete with harness or knows where i can get a new one from i would love to hear from you

Cheers
    Bima
    Polo GTI
    T-Roc R
    Tiguan R

Hi Bima,

I was in the same boat for almost a year and gave up as I could find no one here in Australia that would have one available. Actually, to be honest, I found one guy selling one in Sydney and I replied within less than one hour after he posted and was already been sold and picked up. To bring one from overseas it will cost too much.

I ended up going after market and I’m very happy with the result. I already had and Focal integration and was able to buy an Audio Fischer Match (the same manufacturer of Helix) 5 channel amp with DSP integrated (the amp is so small that has been fitted behind the head unit screen!). The 4 channels are running the Focal kit in 2-way active mode and the sub channel is running a 12” Rockford Fosgate slim sub underneath the boot’s floor.

The results are very impressive and I wouldn’t go different. Depending of the AMP/DSP model that you choose they have the dsp file with all the acoustic parameters of your VW to download in their website.

Guto.
    Golf Wagon MK7 (90 92TSI) - Mods: 110TSI Turbo upgrade, ECU and TCU Stage 2, Eibach Pro-Kit, Pretoria 19", GTI PP Sway bars upgrade F/R, Full GTI Tartan interior, GTI colour Cluster, R's Bi-Xenon with AFS retrofit, GTI 312mm front brake upgrade.
    More to come...

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Hey Guto

Ive been searching high and low but im only finding sellers over in the states which makes the shipping costs prohibitive

With my car finally arriving at port i will end up going with the focal kit they have for the MQB platform cars .

Fronts and rear door focals powered by the focal impulse amp

I haven’t decided what to do about bass yet . custom enclosure , prefabricated box with active sub , spare wheel sub ???

The focal bomba bp20 would be plenty sound wise but im not sure if i want to give up the boot space