Thread: Rear View Flip Up Camera to fit a 2009 VW Passat R36

Users Country Flag

Rear View Flip Up Camera to fit a 2009 VW Passat R36

Hi All,

I am after a reversing camera as mentioned in the title.

If anyone has one or knows of someone selling one then please let me know.

I am in Melbourne but happy to pay for postage if they are located interstate.

Thanks In Advance

Users Country Flag
    I'm guessing this is for a sedan? If so you want a CC camera as there was no R36 flip badge camera. No camera for sedans, and wagons have a camera in the boot release button above the number plate.

It has been done in wagons but requires a fair bit of cutting of the sheet metal including cutting out the whole rear badge as well as cutting out the mount from the donor CC.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    I'm guessing this is for a sedan? If so you want a CC camera as there was no R36 flip badge camera. No camera for sedans, and wagons have a camera in the boot release button above the number plate.

It has been done in wagons but requires a fair bit of cutting of the sheet metal including cutting out the whole rear badge as well as cutting out the mount from the donor CC.

Yeah it is for a sedan, do you know if it can be done?

Users Country Flag

Yes anything is possible with enough time and resources.
    What head unit do you want to connect it to?
    Aftermarket or Discover Media units use regular composite video.
    Rns510/rcd510 use rgbs.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500