Thread: Golf MK1 parts

Users Country Flag

Golf MK1 parts

I know some of this is rare in Australia but it doesn’t hurt to ask. Does anyone have any of the following parts gathering dust:

• Idle stabilisation module AKA DIS (251906083 or 171906083) – preferably with both plugs and mounting bracket
    • MK1 Golf heater leaf cover, the white cover that goes over the heater in the scuttle tray
    • Golf MK1 5 speed gear selector rod, the long one with a plastic foot that goes from the gear lever to the engine compartment
    • Genuine RH front wing (rust free)
    • Genuine slam panel (rust free)
    • ‘6 stud exhaust manifold’ (not the c clip type) heat shield and mounting brackets

Cheers Gav

I can do the leaf cover for you Gavin, ther digital idle stabiliser ( DIS ) is available from VWclassic parts, you can also use the same unit from a watercooled caravelle.

Gear selector rod is same as the 4 speed one from memory, I will check etka and confirm that for you.

Prob got a 6 stud exhaust manifold also, you want a std one or the GTI version ( larger holes, larger studs and wider spacing) ?
    For a better mod you can use a MK3 exhaust manifold and the TT downpipe that is made for this conversion, I have one on Val's cabrio and it all the ducks nuts..
    Lots of MK 1 Scirocco's...

If it aint a MK 1 then it must be a donor car ??

Cheers,
    Grant...

Selector rod is the same mate .
    Lots of MK 1 Scirocco's...

If it aint a MK 1 then it must be a donor car ??

Cheers,
    Grant...

Users Country Flag
    All the GLDs have the 6 stud manifold and down pipe Gav. Just need to find a diesel car to pull it off.

You need to specify early or late wing too, there's subtle differences in the pressing.

I've got a 4 speed selector rod and maybe a wing here.
    79 MK1 Golf Wreck to Race / 79 MK1 Golf The Red Thread / 76 MK1 Golf Kamei Race Car
    7? MK1 Caddy
    79 B1 Passat Dasher Project
    12 Amarok

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies.
    Sorry for the confusion, I'm after the heatshield for the downpipe - GTI manifold/dp. Didn't realise that there were two kinds of 6 stud manifold/dp - explains why the bracket I have doesn't fit.
    Car is an S2 so late model for the wing.
    PMs sent re selector rod and heater cover.
    Cheers Gav