Thread: Golf GTI MK7 rear Sway bar.

Golf GTI MK7 rear Sway bar.

Hi,

I want upgrade the rear sway bar on my MK7 Wagon and if you have a spare one laying around that not going to use anymore for reasonable price, send me a PM.

Cheers.

Guto.

Users Country Flag
    Does the wagon have a different rear suspension setup to the hatch? If so, the swaybar might not work.

I may soon be upgrading the rear swaybar on my Mk7 GTI so if I do that ill let you know. I live in Newcastle and have family on the central coast so not too far away.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Does the wagon have a different rear suspension setup to the hatch? If so, the swaybar might not work.

I may soon be upgrading the rear swaybar on my Mk7 GTI so if I do that ill let you know. I live in Newcastle and have family on the central coast so not too far away.
    Hi,

as far as I done my research properly the wagon (the FWD) is totally cross compatible with the GTI. Even H&R says the sway bars kit can be used in both cars.

Please let me know if you'll do it and we can go from there.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Gutoneto; 15-04-2021 at 11:00 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutoneto View Post
    Hi,

as far as I done my research properly the wagon (the FWD) is totally cross compatible with the GTI. Even H&R says the sway bars kit can be used in both cars.

Please let me know if you'll do it and we can go from there.

Cheers!
    The other option would be to call around some of the popular VW modification/servicing workshops in Sydney and ask if they have any stock Mk7 GTI swaybars lying around. You would be surprised how much stuff customers leave behind after having modifications done to their car and the workshops end up throwing them out.

Places like:
    AJ Motorsport
    German Performance Garage
    Euro Revolution
    VW Village

etc etc.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    The other option would be to call around some of the popular VW modification/servicing workshops in Sydney and ask if they have any stock Mk7 GTI swaybars lying around. You would be surprised how much stuff customers leave behind after having modifications done to their car and the workshops end up throwing them out.

Places like:
    AJ Motorsport
    German Performance Garage
    Euro Revolution
    VW Village

etc etc.
    Hi,

I tried calling few shops around where I work (Sydney's Northern Beaches) but the answer was quite the same... They don't keep them, if the customer doesn't take they throw away.

Please let me know when you'll have your one upgraded and depending how much you ask I can buy it from you.

Thanks