Thread: Anyone want to share a 20L of DSG oil in sydney???

Users Country Flag

Anyone want to share a 20L of DSG oil in sydney???

Been changing my own oil twice. Just checked with dealer and they no longer sell dsg oil in 1L bottle only 20L drum, to prevent outside mechanic or backyard oil change(make more money)

So im looking for someone wants to share a 20L drum. It's the oil for gen1 6 speed DSG box. (Not the new 7 speed). Takes 4.6-4.8L per change depending on if u have the wet/dry clutch version. Will work on all gen1 6 speed dsg 2004-2011 depends on ur car model. Works with audi/seat/skoda too.
    Mine is a 05 model 2.0tdi. So yeah I dont think I'd be keeping the car for another 240,000km.

Cost of 20L is about $450. Im in sydney south PM me if ur interested.

Users Country Flag
    Is that for Motul fluid?
    You can get Penrite a fair bit cheaper. Maybe keep an eye out for a sale on at Sparesbox or supercheap?
    Penrite DCT Fluid - 20 Litres | Supercheap Auto
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Yes guys I've tried aftermarket oil but my gearbox did not like it. Clutch stutters like mad and huge jerk during shift. Last time I tried liqui moly and immediately I go buy dealer oil and its working normal. I use the car for towing so under heavy load it's bad. Imo dealer oil still the best. Dont want the chances.

Users Country Flag
    is it Pentosil FFL2?
    It's interesting to hear that you have noticed such a difference between different DSG fluids if they all meet the VW specification.
    What was it that John Laws used to say?
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    It's interesting to hear that you have noticed such a difference between different DSG fluids if they all meet the VW specification.
    yes my car is strange, well at least i know it doesn't take liquiMoly. at 200 dollar a pop and risking the gearbox, i'll stick with dealer oil.

in fact it's pretty cheap at $450, thats like $110 worth of oil per change + filter