Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1.8t baffled sump

Users Country Flag

yeah I'd been looking at the TSR one. I guess you could use the surge pan and weld baffles onto the underside of that to surround the oil pickup. What was it worth?

Yes it stops oil splashing forward under hard braking and back under acceleration (never usually an issue), the top picture has a over hang area that does the same. You can also use them to assist with with contolling the flow (where it drains to) and if youhave a gauze slowing the flow back which helps airation (as the oil drips through it breaks up the surface tension - not sure
    These are good pictures of some custom ones for the V8's Why an ASR Oilpan? - Australian Specialty Racecraft

If you or you know someone who can braze they are really easy to make you just need a couple of hinges (nice and loose) and some relatively thin sheet metal. If you get the fit right you don't even need to bolt it down, just drop in, there is no requirement for them to be 100% sealed against the sump (as the TSR one isn't). Just use the basic principles of always leave 2" around the pick up and make sure the gates swing in not out!!!

This is one i have on an older ADZ motor Baffled Oil Pan w/Windage Tray 4 cyl '75-early'99 Magnetic Plug [115 110M] - $225.00 : Techtonics Tuning, VW and Audi Performance Tuning and Repair Parts
    There is a bolt on surge plate not shown

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Thank you all, I have sourced a sump.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12