Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tyre Pressure Monitoring on Arteon- where to see the tyre pressures?

Users Country Flag

Tyre Pressure Monitoring on Arteon- where to see the tyre pressures?

I've 'RTFM' but I still can't find where to 'see' tyre pressure values on the TPMS anywhere... all I've found is the 'set' pressure setting under vehicle information.. On every other car I've owned with TPMS I've been able to see the pressure in each tyre but I simply haven't been able to find it on this car... has anyone else solved this? (I'm almost dreading the responses...surely I've missed something embarrassingly simple)

Users Country Flag
    I don't know about the Arteon here but there are 2 types of TPMS (well three actually if you count the TPMS low system in the B6 which has sensors but no individual pressure display):

1. Indirect TPMS. This uses the ABS wheel speed sensors to detect a change in the rolling diameter of a tyre that would signal a loss of pressure. it doesn't measure the tyre pressures individually. Therefor it cannot display them. Only set and give a warning.

2. TPMS direct. This uses pressure sensors in each tyre that transmit the pressure to a receiver, which in turn can display the pressure individually in the MFD/infotainment system. I've retrofitted this system in my B6 Passat.

I suspect that the Arteon (at least as configured in Australia) uses the former. But you're best to wait to hear from an Arteon owner as to their direct knowledge of the car in Aus.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    kamold is right.

The Arteon uses the Indirect TPMS method. You set the pressures yourself manually to whatever you want, and press the button under vehicle information to "set" that reading. You're basically setting the rolling diameter of the wheel. I believe the vehicle will register/learn what the rolling diameter is, and that's your "pressure".

A loss of pressure will change (shorten) the rolling diameter. If the diameter changes "X %" (whatever value they use), it'll chime you with a warning. If you're tyres are "low" (like 28psi) and you pump them up to like 40psi and drive off without setting the pressure - you'll get the warning immediately because there has been a change in rolling diameter.

So with that, I guess it doesn't tell if you if the pressure increases or decreases - only that your rolling diameter has changed.
    My car: MY18 Arteon
    My car #2: MY22 Volvo XC40 Pure Electric
    Her car: MY22 Skoda Octavia Limited Edition Wagon

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks Gents, thought i was missing something obvious....

Users Country Flag
    if you're feeling brave for a retrofitting exercise.......
    TPMS (Tire Pressure Meter System Direct) for VW Golf MKVII MQB
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag
    It's a pretty straight forward retrofit.
    It's the same as PQ even the receiver is the same, albeit with a different parameter set and firmware applied to it.
    And a little bit of coding of the infotainment system as PQ only shows it in the MFD
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Has anyone retrofitted TPMS to an Arteon? My owners manual shows the direct TPMS display and how to access it, but it's not available and the tire valves appear to be rubber (indirect TPMS).

Also looking for genuine parts - controller, sensors/valves, cable, controller holder (optional AFAIK).
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Users Country Flag
    So I've decided to just give it a go and see if the retrofit works - ordered the following parts:

TPMS controller, ebay, "Original" (Huf), Germany: 5Q0907273B
    Plastic retainer (for controller), ebay, "Genuine" Lithuania: 3G0907538
    4x TPMS sensors valves, ebay, "Genuine" (Huf - apparently from 'new' cars that have had wheel upgrades), Australia/Victoria: 5Q0907275B
    TPMS cable/harness, aliexpress China: ???
    Approx $350 total

TPMS retrofit kit (all above except for plastic retainer), aliexpress, China - backup set for any faulty parts (if needed)... has exact same markings as the originals, but expect to be fake. Was cheap - $143 shipped.

I've never done a canbus integration before, but from the research I've done, my gateway controller (3Q0907530C) appears to be able to support TPMS controller...

I'm thinking whether or not it's worthwhile (or even possible) to also fit the spare with a sensor - AFAIK, they only activate when the wheel is rotating??

Also checked parts pricing through VW Australia, but unfortunately the quote was ~$1,200 - too rich for me to spend on a gamble.. I'd have considered it if that also included installation+warranty and was guaranteed to work.
    Last edited by nermal; 02-05-2023 at 09:02 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Check out the PDF from XaGiCO.
    In Spanish but lots of pics etc has TPMS high retrofit in his Golf.
    TPMS high goes on extended CANbus along with the side assist radars, front assist camera and front radar.
    So easiest integration into extCan is just tap the side assist radar loom from the master radar behind the bumper which then goes up the front to the gateway. You don't need to get the radar itself, just need to find the CAN pair as the loom comes up through the bumper grommet into the boot to head forward.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Check out the PDF from XaGiCO.
    In Spanish but lots of pics etc has TPMS high retrofit in his Golf.
    TPMS high goes on extended CANbus along with the side assist radars, front assist camera and front radar.
    So easiest integration into extCan is just tap the side assist radar loom from the master radar behind the bumper which then goes up the front to the gateway. You don't need to get the radar itself, just need to find the CAN pair as the loom comes up through the bumper grommet into the boot to head forward.
    Everything has finally arrived. Was waiting on the "genuine" controller from the USA - looks legit (and slightly used).

I ordered the extra valve stems thinking that I could just swap the black covers over, but the OEM ones are a completely different size. I wonder if I can just spray paint the OEM covers black/grey with wheel paint to blend in with the Rosario wheel color?

Tyre Pressure Monitoring on Arteon- where to see the tyre pressures?-20230609_133504-jpg

Also, is it possible to do in steps, like install tpms valves at tire shop, install controller + wiring at home, drive to professional if I can't figure it all out.

... so being my first upgrade involving CAN controller/gateway integration, wiring, bumper removal etc, I'm feeling a little less confident now =S ... Is there someone located in Brisbane you can recommend to help if I run into trouble (happy to pay for someone's time)?

(for my future reference) this appears to be a non-pdf version of the XaGiCO guide: TPMS (Tire Pressure Meter System Direct) for VW Golf MKVII MQB | Ross-Tech Forums
    Last edited by nermal; 19-06-2023 at 09:30 PM.
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast