Thread: Suspension Thud / Bang

Users Country Flag

Unhappy Suspension Thud / Bang

Just come back from 2650 km trip and our car has developed a thud,rattle, banging under the car on bumps in the road, not what I would even class as a rough road. Wondering if anyone else has had this issue as well? Will be contact dealer about this.
    Arteon TSI R-Line 2019

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    Just come back from 2650 km trip and our car has developed a thud,rattle, banging under the car on bumps in the road, not what I would even class as a rough road. Wondering if anyone else has had this issue as well? Will be contact dealer about this.
    Where does it sound like its coming from. Hav e you looked to see if anything is hanging down, or just posted a vague post on here.

What do you class a s "not even a rough road"
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Strange response to my question.
    I stated that it is under the car. I am in the auto repair trade so of course I've looked. The noise is similar to a buggered ball joint but sounds like it coming from the middle to rear of car. Just driving on normal roads as well as rough roads even at 40 -80 kmh.
    Sorry but I don't post vague views just asking if anyone else has had a similar issue.
    Arteon TSI R-Line 2019

Users Country Flag
    Has an exhaust hanger broken and letting it bang Have had that happen
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    Strange response to my question.
    I stated that it is under the car. I am in the auto repair trade so of course I've looked. The noise is similar to a buggered ball joint but sounds like it coming from the middle to rear of car. Just driving on normal roads as well as rough roads even at 40 -80 kmh.
    Sorry but I don't post vague views just asking if anyone else has had a similar issue.
    I had the same issue with my ŠKODA Superb also. It is the front end (not rear) and VAG have a Bulletin for it TPI 2042935/3.
    Hopefully that gives you a starting point.
    I am lead to believe it is quite common on Superb, Passat and Arteon.
    They re-pack (lube) the front lower control arm bushes.

If it is not the above, please keep us up to date on your findings / outcome...

Suspension Thud / Bang-06062019-suspension-bu-jpg
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Yeh. Thanks for this. It is very difficult whilst driving to determine the exact sound location and it may well be coming from the front but does sound more like the middle to rear of the car. I will ask about this bulletin. Cheers.
    Arteon TSI R-Line 2019