Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Stage 1 vs stage 2 - cost, gains

Users Country Flag

Plenty. But we need to make sure that if we want them to keep coming here, that we keep discussion civil and on-topic, so that the site remains a resource where good information is easily obtained.

We don't want/need to become Facebook.
    Nothing to see here...

Users Country Flag
    Well after all the waiting all parts needed are in & I dropped my Arteon off today at the workshop, looking to get it back in around 1.5 to 2, I have also left my haldex controller with them to install & tune to suite as the Galano tune is a boost by gear setup. I have 3 x 19 litre drums of VP c85 race fuel sitting in my garage for when it returns & used for drag duties.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by BO11OS View Post
    Well after all the waiting all parts needed are in & I dropped my Arteon off today at the workshop, looking to get it back in around 1.5 to 2, I have also left my haldex controller with them to install & tune to suite as the Galano tune is a boost by gear setup. I have 3 x 19 litre drums of VP c85 race fuel sitting in my garage for when it returns & used for drag duties.
    You will love it - Galano are the best in the business at the moment for EA888 tuning so they will have it running sweet as a nut no doubt. What turbo are you using? TTE, EQT or Garrett etc.

If you are happy to share, id like to know what parts you have chosen to run (downpipe/intercooler/hpfp etc) as im contemplating a mild stage 3 on my GTI also, with either the HPA IS38 OEM+ or Garrett Powermaxx stage 1 turbo. Id be happy with 250kw or thereabouts as its still a FWD car (albeit with the Performance Pack front LSD).

Is the work being done at Pacortech in Ingleburn? I know Galano operate out of that workshop sometimes as they have a dyno etc.
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 21-06-2022 at 04:01 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Hi Lucas,

I am running a V5 large turbo. I was supposed to go with the EQT but they where not available & not eta. Happy to discuss all parts I am using if you wanna shoot me a message. Car is at Carbon Autohaus but will head to Pacortech so Galano can dyno tune it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    You will love it - Galano are the best in the business at the moment for EA888 tuning so they will have it running sweet as a nut no doubt. What turbo are you using? TTE, EQT or Garrett etc.

If you are happy to share, id like to know what parts you have chosen to run (downpipe/intercooler/hpfp etc) as im contemplating a mild stage 3 on my GTI also, with either the HPA IS38 OEM+ or Garrett Powermaxx stage 1 turbo. Id be happy with 250kw or thereabouts as its still a FWD car (albeit with the Performance Pack front LSD).

Is the work being done at Pacortech in Ingleburn? I know Galano operate out of that workshop sometimes as they have a dyno etc.

Users Country Flag
    Also my son has a GTI, Carbon Autohaus just recently installed a IS38 on it & re did the stage 2 APR tune, with a single spinner he ran a best of 12.9 @ 114mph his 1st time out.

Quote Originally Posted by BO11OS View Post
    Car is at Carbon Autohaus but will head to Pacortech so Galano can dyno tune it.
    Nice one, I've only recently started getting my cars serviced there and they seem like a great crew. They were talking about a Stage 3 Arteon coming along soon so it must be yours.

Users Country Flag
    I would think so mate, not to many guys going this deep with an Arteon. Can't wait, they are great guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Vedi View Post
    Nice one, I've only recently started getting my cars serviced there and they seem like a great crew. They were talking about a Stage 3 Arteon coming along soon so it must be yours.

Users Country Flag
    they got a HP and TQ number on that package yet?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    they got a HP and TQ number on that package yet?
    Galano Engineering - Home

350-360kw at the wheels on E85 based off other cars they have done with the same/similar mods.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag

The Arteon is going in for stage 2 on Monday, so I should have a better idea of stage 1 vs stage 2 next week.

Stage 2 upgrades include:
    - RacingLine Intercooler with silicone boost hoses
    - Milltek performance catted downpipe with zircotec ceramic coating, OE exhaust connecting pipe (for now)
    - RacingLine oil cooler + brackets
    - R600 underhose
    - RacingLine subframe brace and subframe alignment kit
    - RacingLine stage 2 tune

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast