Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Stage 1 vs stage 2 - cost, gains

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post
    Seems like a little bit of a loaded question, but sure, I'll bite =D

Here are the parts with RRP pricing (discounts sometimes apply), labour costs extra:

Milltek performance catted downpipe (200 cell), with Zircotec ceramic coating ($350 extra), I'll upgrade the rest of the exhaust (cat back) with stage 3: Milltek Sport Cast Catted Downpipe - VW Golf MK7/7.5 R/8V S3, for OE Exhaust [SSXVW386] - Harding Performance ($2,100)

Racingline Intercooler - emailed Jeff from mygolfmk7.com and he felt it should be up to task: RACINGLINE 2.0 TSI INTERCOOLER MQB [VWR E 14G700] - Harding Performance ($2,095)

Racingline Turbo boost pipe hose kit: RACINGLINE TURBO BOOST PIPE HOSE KIT EA888.3 2.0 TSI[VWR E 140004] - Harding Performance ($550)

Racingline R600 underhose (should have bought this with the R600 - if I'd known): Racingline R600 Coolant Underhose [VWR17G7R600] - Harding Performance ($125)

Racingline Stage 1 -> Stage 2 tuning upgrade: BUNDLE RACINGLINE OEM+ PERFORMANCE ECU SOFTWARE - MK 7/7.5 s3 8V 2.0 TSI MQB IS38 - Harding Performance ($Free)

+ Wheel alignment
    + Labour

Oh BTW - it seems they have 20% off their ECU/DSG tuning atm.
    not bad. they made up for the price of the parts with a free tune... did u have to pay for ur stage 1 tho? most tuners usually do a free upgrade from stage 1 to 2

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    not bad. they made up for the price of the parts with a free tune... did u have to pay for ur stage 1 tho? most tuners usually do a free upgrade from stage 1 to 2
    Yeah, I paid for the original Stage 1 ECU+DSG tune and it includes free "upgrades for life": RACINGLINE OEM+SOFTWARE FAQ - Harding Performance

Users Country Flag
    Yeah, I paid for the original Stage 1 ECU+DSG tune and it includes free "upgrades for life": RACINGLINE OEM+SOFTWARE FAQ - Harding Performance
    fair enough. if vw australia approve it does that mean vw australia cover it all under warranty?

Users Country Flag
    so far... ive been closest to getting some info about his build and have a discussion... which he seems reluctant to tell us exactly whats going on in this or his builder is reluctant to tell him ?....

you guys are the ones flogging the deadhorse squabbling over symantics.

'needs' and 'priorities'..

his aim is to get his arteon in the 10s.. simply doesnt need to spend that extra 10 - 15k to do it..

If he wants to spend all that cash to say his arteon goes in the 10s but goes to the track once every 3 years then he can.

this forum actually is more of a **** comparing / swinging contest than a discussion forum.
    Having a discussion... you seem focused on trying to convince him to spend less or needing to justify parts that you deem unnecessary and overkill - doing the bare minimum to reach the target. Anything you don't agree with is met with snide comments. Cost-minimisation and bang-for-buck appears to be your focus and that's all good for you, but as he has stated in the thread, he's getting a Galano E85 flex fuel setup. Galano are arguably at the cutting-edge of EA888 tuning in Australia at the moment. They have the runs on the board, and I can absolutely understand why someone might want to go for a proven setup like this, rather than tuning the EA888 to within an inch of its life on Australia's relatively poor 98RON fuel.

It's not always about getting the most bang for the least buck - that's a personal preference. Just because you don't see value in the name-brand parts, doesn't mean it's the gospel of the Lord.

I still haven't been able to find BO11OS's question "I want to reach 10s but not spend $25k on a Galano setup - tell me how to get there" but you seen fixated on answering it nonetheless
    Last edited by petemac110; 11-06-2022 at 05:20 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by petemac110 View Post
    Having a discussion... you seem focused on trying to convince him to spend less or needing to justify parts that you deem unnecessary and overkill - doing the bare minimum to reach the target. Anything you don't agree with is met with snide comments. Cost-minimisation and bang-for-buck appears to be your focus and that's all good for you, but as he has stated in the thread, he's getting a Galano E85 flex fuel setup. Galano are arguably at the cutting-edge of EA888 tuning in Australia at the moment. They have the runs on the board, and I can absolutely understand why someone might want to go for a proven setup like this, rather than tuning the EA888 to within an inch of its life on Australia's relatively poor 98RON fuel.

It's not always about getting the most bang for the least buck - that's a personal preference. Just because you don't see value in the name-brand parts, doesn't mean it's the gospel of the Lord.

I still haven't been able to find BO11OS's question "I want to reach 10s but not spend $25k on a Galano setup - tell me how to get there" but you seen fixated on answering it nonetheless
    this thread is actually about cost / gains on stage 1 -2... so now im talking about the cost for stage 3... not entirely sure what youre talking about you actually just sound like ur on here defending this guy.. noones attacking him... noones told him to do anything im asking what hes buying , why hes spending so much money and saying its possible to spend less for the same result... it applies to him and anyone else on this forum you soft cock

Users Country Flag
    fair enough. if vw australia approve it does that mean vw australia cover it all under warranty?
    Heh, yeah I wish! Sorry, I meant that VW Australia chose it for their Art3on performance car project a few years back (I remember reading about it):

Volkswagen creates world'''s fastest Arteon - carsales.com.au

VOLKSWAGEN CHOOSES RACINGLINE

Users Country Flag
    Heh, yeah I wish! Sorry, I meant that VW Australia chose it for their Art3on performance car project a few years back (I remember reading about it):

Volkswagen creates world'''s fastest Arteon - carsales.com.au

VOLKSWAGEN CHOOSES RACINGLINE
    ahaha with those prices u mentioned u would think so !

Users Country Flag
    you soft cock
    And now we know why you run into issues with moderators. If you were testing the waters to see how hard you can push, you've over-cooked it.

First and final warning. Further abusive posts will be deleted (and no, I am not going to spend the time editing them so that anything of value that you do say remains - that's your problem), and consistent inappropriate posting will result in a ban.

Don't start blaming others if you can't keep your abusive manner in check. Your freedom of speech does NOT cover abusing other members.
    Last edited by Manaz; 13-06-2022 at 12:54 PM.

Users Country Flag
    All.

If you can't be polite, or if not polite, at least respectful, don't click the submit/post/whatever button.

I've cleaned up a whole pile of mess in here from multiple people.

Let's keep it civil and on topic. You're allowed to disagree with each other - but do it without insults (implicit or explicit) please.
    Nothing to see here...

Users Country Flag

sooo.. neone drive their vw today ?.. teehee

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast