Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Stage 1 vs stage 2 - cost, gains

Users Country Flag

I’m running a APR Stage 1 tune and I only see between 87-90 oil temp and 83-87 water temp. Other than the tune, no other engine mods. Before the tune, I was up in the 100-103 oil temps. Very happy with the result I’m getting.
    Daily Drive: 2017 VW Arteon 206TSI, White, Fully optioned inc Sun Roof. APR Stage 1 + DSG, Gtechniq 10h Ceramic Coating, Ceramic Tint, Ceramic Front/Rear Brakes, Eibach Lowered Springs.

Weekend Drive: 2016 Golf GTI 40 Years (Clubsport) Tornado Red, DSG, Tint, Black Badges

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Andysuew View Post
    I’m running a APR Stage 1 tune and I only see between 87-90 oil temp and 83-87 water temp. Other than the tune, no other engine mods. Before the tune, I was up in the 100-103 oil temps. Very happy with the result I’m getting.
    Ok, do you mostly drive on main roads/highways?

I do a lot of city driving and have auto start/stop disabled. When cruising on a main road/highway, it'll sit around 95°C, otherwise it usually settles around 98-100°C. It was ~100-105°C at stage 1 (without the oil cooler), which is similar to your stock temps.

The RacingLine tune might just run a bit hotter/leaner.. where the APR tune could be a bit richer/cooler. Though fuel economy isn't exactly "great" either =D

My Arteon also makes a little bit of belt noise, especially when cold - I thought it was normal, but perhaps that's something that needs to be looked into =/ ...

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post
    Ok, do you mostly drive on main roads/highways?

I do a lot of city driving and have auto start/stop disabled. When cruising on a main road/highway, it'll sit around 95°C, otherwise it usually settles around 98-100°C. It was ~100-105°C at stage 1 (without the oil cooler), which is similar to your stock temps.

The RacingLine tune might just run a bit hotter/leaner.. where the APR tune could be a bit richer/cooler. Though fuel economy isn't exactly "great" either =D

My Arteon also makes a little bit of belt noise, especially when cold - I thought it was normal, but perhaps that's something that needs to be looked into =/ ...

Its a mixture of highway and suburban and the occasional mountain run. My economy is slightly better than before on average so no complaints there. As you say, the Raceline tune may run a little leaner that the APR which would help explain the temp differences.

I’d be checking on that belt noise. You don’t want that to fail stuck in city traffic.
    Daily Drive: 2017 VW Arteon 206TSI, White, Fully optioned inc Sun Roof. APR Stage 1 + DSG, Gtechniq 10h Ceramic Coating, Ceramic Tint, Ceramic Front/Rear Brakes, Eibach Lowered Springs.

Weekend Drive: 2016 Golf GTI 40 Years (Clubsport) Tornado Red, DSG, Tint, Black Badges

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910