Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Stage 1 vs stage 2 - cost, gains

Users Country Flag

Going for as many as they can get out of it, I have seen them get 360 kw at the wheels also seen they got 415 kw on one manual golf, So told them I want what ever they can get out of it I want to run into the 10's

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by BO11OS View Post
    Going for as many as they can get out of it, I have seen them get 360 kw at the wheels also seen they got 415 kw on one manual golf, So told them I want what ever they can get out of it I want to run into the 10's

fair enough. u building the engine?

Users Country Flag
    No standard engine with with all bolt on's.

Users Country Flag
    No standard engine with with all bolt on's.
    the ea888 is capable of alot of power 600+ HP if your tuner limits the torque not to blow the engine... if u want big torque which might be needed after u do ur stage 3 ur gonna need to build ur engine and clutchpacks then..

i wouldnt be spending any money on upgraded clutch packs or whatever u dont need it unless u burn urs which u probably wont

Source urself a pair of 2nd hand bigger brakes off a porsche or audi

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    the ea888 is capable of alot of power 600+ HP if your tuner limits the torque not to blow the engine... if u want big torque which might be needed after u do ur stage 3 ur gonna need to build ur engine and clutchpacks then..

i wouldnt be spending any money on upgraded clutch packs or whatever u dont need it unless u burn urs which u probably wont

Source urself a pair of 2nd hand bigger brakes off a porsche or audi

Interesting... 600HP+ (447kW+) would be impressive.

The Stage 3 bolt-on pathway I'm following reliably does 365kW (590Nm) - apparently it has a higher ceiling, but needs some engine strengthening to avoid breaking things: Stage 3 Turbo Kit for Golf R, Audi S3, Cupra, GTI | RacingLine

It "requires" a new clutch-pack (rated to 700Nm), but I was told to do that upgrade if/when the OEM clutches wears.

Just had another look at they tested a 2014 Golf R and got 0-100 in 2.9s and 400m in 10.92s - understanding that an Arteon is a heavier beast... makes me want to explore weight saving options ;-P

Stage 1 vs stage 2 - cost, gains-chart-png
    Last edited by nermal; 03-06-2022 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Golf R timings
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post

The Stage 3 bolt-on pathway I'm following reliably does 365kW (590Nm) - apparently it has a higher ceiling, but needs some engine strengthening to avoid breaking things: Stage 3 Turbo Kit for Golf R, Audi S3, Cupra, GTI | RacingLine

It "requires" a new clutch-pack (rated to 700Nm), but I was told to do that upgrade if/when the OEM clutches wears.
    only need to upgrade the engine internals if ur going beyond the stock engines torque threshold on the map... otherwise if u keep the torque lower in the tune or have engine management installed keeps it good.

theres enough 550 - 600 - 700hp ea888s showing it can be done on stock internals and 6speed gearboxes. if u have the 7 speed DSG it should be stronger than the 6 speed and only need to upgrade the clutches as u burn them or are doing many launches / drag meets.

Users Country Flag
    Did you see if these power number are on 98 pump fuel or E85?
    The tuner I am using is getting the numbers + you quoted but uses his own flex fuel setup. They just re wrote the GTI world record with a 9.9 @ 119, they also ran a 10.07 @140 HE isn't saying how much power it has only that it's over 400kw.

Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post

Just had another look at they tested a 2014 Golf R and got 0-100 in 2.9s and 400m in 10.92s - understanding that an Arteon is a heavier beast... makes me want to explore weight saving options ;-P

Stage 1 vs stage 2 - cost, gains-chart-png

Users Country Flag
    Did you see if these power number are on 98 pump fuel or E85?
    The tuner I am using is getting the numbers + you quoted but uses his own flex fuel setup. They just re wrote the GTI world record with a 9.9 @ 119, they also ran a 10.07 @140 HE isn't saying how much power it has only that it's over 400kw.
    I'm not sure, but would assume 98 ron.. here's their blog post: Release: Racingline MQB 2.0TSI Stage 3 - Harding Performance

Users Country Flag
    Hi nermal, I am sceptical as from what I have seen to achieve those sort of number you'd need to be running on E85 not a stock engine with a high flow turbo.
    The bolt on's I am getting are a lot more than that & I would expect to see between 350 to 380 kw at the wheels. But that's running on E85.

Users Country Flag

Hi nermal, I am sceptical as from what I have seen to achieve those sort of number you'd need to be running on E85 not a stock engine with a high flow turbo.
    The bolt on's I am getting are a lot more than that & I would expect to see between 350 to 380 kw at the wheels. But that's running on E85.
    Ok, I don't know if it's 360kW at the wheels either.

That is a Hybrid Turbo exchange and the Stage 3 also requires a lot of other parts to achieve those figures - R600 intake, pipes/hoses/elbows, intercooler, performance catted downpipe & exhaust, upgraded fuel pump etc, plus recommended 700Nm clutch upgrade, big brakes etc.

You can easily get to the $20-25K mark once you add all the hardware and ECU + DSG tune.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast