Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stage 1 vs stage 2 - cost, gains

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Manaz View Post
    The issue is he's not coming from Stage1 or Stage2 - he's starting from stock.

And he's aiming for 500hp+, not 700hp (though that is technically 500hp+, I grant, people generally don't say 500+ when they mean ~700 ) :

Some people are happy with second hand, some people may want new (and if there's no second hand ones lying around, he's kinda stuck with new anyway).

A big question will be whether 350kW+ will get him to 10-second passes. Assuming an unladen weight of ~1700kgs, he'd need a fraction over 550hp to run a 10-second (10.999 or better) quarter mile.
    downpipe and IC .. +1.5-2K.

prob gonna need between 600 - 700HP full torque horses to move the arteon

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    why is it costing 25k.. lol
    You CAN spend upwards of $13K on ceramic brakes alone. Most regular 6-piston 380mm brake kits are $5-6K... then include turbos, heavy duty clutches, exhausts etc - it all adds up quickly.
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post
    You CAN spend upwards of $13K on ceramic brakes alone. Most regular 6-piston 380mm brake kits are $5-6K... then include turbos, heavy duty clutches, exhausts etc - it all adds up quickly.
    yeh. but why would you be putting on ceramics on a drag car? they are actually worse until heated up properly... more of a circuit track thing

Users Country Flag
    yeh. but why would you be putting on ceramics on a drag car? they are actually worse until heated up properly... more of a circuit track thing
    Aah, ok - so you're assuming that @BO11OS is going stage 3 just to get 10s quarter mile times? - but @BO11OS' can speak for his/her self.

Personally, if I only wanted a drag car, then I wouldn't choose an Arteon. I like the Arteon because it's a comfortable daily driver that looks good and can be tuned up for more fun.
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post
    Aah, ok - so you're assuming that @BO11OS is going stage 3 just to get 10s quarter mile times? - but @BO11OS' can speak for his/her self.

Personally, if I only wanted a drag car, then I wouldn't choose an Arteon. I like the Arteon because it's a comfortable daily driver that looks good and can be tuned up for more fun.

well he made it out like thats the aim.. and yeh i wouldnt have picked an arteon to go full build stage 3 either. stage 2 prob enough.. maybe a hybrid turbo stage 3

Users Country Flag
    well he made it out like thats the aim..
    Re-reading his post, his stated aim was wanting to run 10s, not building a drag car. They are two very different things, and it's far more likely that he wants to build a rapid, spacious, comfortable, well-appointed street car, rather than turning an Arteon into a quarter mile focused machine. I guess the poster can clarify for us.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by petemac110 View Post
    Re-reading his post, his stated aim was wanting to run 10s, not building a drag car. They are two very different things, and it's far more likely that he wants to build a rapid, spacious, comfortable, well-appointed street car, rather than turning an Arteon into a quarter mile focused machine. I guess the poster can clarify for us.
    runnings 10s means ur going to the strip and running 10s

Users Country Flag
    runnings 10s means ur going to the strip and running 10s
    Exactly - no mention of it being a drag car. Just a car capable of 10s. You can achieve the latter without necessarily being the former.

Users Country Flag
    Hi guys, happy for anyone to ask me what I am doing & why & happy to break down the cost's, all parts are new. My car sit's under the car port 6 out of 7 days a week it's not my daily & to be honest my son is now 17 & into cars, he has a GTI & we are playing what that so it got me more motivated to play with my Arteon. I am an old school racer from 25 years ago when I had rotary's so the fact the Arteon is a luxury car but fast is a bonus.
    Quick run down on parts & tune,
    V5 large Techtronic's turbo (still very driveable)
    larger intercooler
    larger fuel injectors
    high flow fuel pumps
    full exhaust
    full intake upgrade
    will be a Galano flex fuel setup with DSG tuning also so will be able to run on E85 or premium
    plenty of other bits I have left out, but basically I am going for a 10 second pass hopefully mid 10's already a proven package in multiple cars just search Galano, The car will still be very street friendly.
    If anyone want's to know more feel free to message me & as soon as it's all done I will post up pics & info with a time slip as we go along.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BO11OS View Post
    Hi guys, happy for anyone to ask me what I am doing & why & happy to break down the cost's, all parts are new. My car sit's under the car port 6 out of 7 days a week it's not my daily & to be honest my son is now 17 & into cars, he has a GTI & we are playing what that so it got me more motivated to play with my Arteon. I am an old school racer from 25 years ago when I had rotary's so the fact the Arteon is a luxury car but fast is a bonus.
    Quick run down on parts & tune,
    V5 large Techtronic's turbo (still very driveable)
    larger intercooler
    larger fuel injectors
    high flow fuel pumps
    full exhaust
    full intake upgrade
    will be a Galano flex fuel setup with DSG tuning also so will be able to run on E85 or premium
    plenty of other bits I have left out, but basically I am going for a 10 second pass hopefully mid 10's already a proven package in multiple cars just search Galano, The car will still be very street friendly.
    If anyone want's to know more feel free to message me & as soon as it's all done I will post up pics & info with a time slip as we go along.
    how many ponys u going for big boy

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast