Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Arteon quirks (vs other models)

Users Country Flag

Some Arteon quirks (vs other models)

Having the Arteon be my first VW and not having ever driven other models for an extended period of time I have some questions for the more knowledgeable bunch around here.

Do you find the ALG "hit and miss"?
    For example, going straight through a T intersections that has a 5m gap in the white line will lose both sides no matter if going over or under 60.

Do you ever get a False Positive when a truck or large car is next to you?
    I had 2 situations where the either a bus or large car were very close to the line and the Side Traffic indicator blinked and the wheel was shaking. Maybe not a False Positive at all, maybe the car thought they were going to merge on top of me?

Do you get False Positives when parking? In-particular when there is a concrete or rubber stopper?
    Arteon & T-Roc

Users Country Flag
    The Lane Assist can sometimes drop out - even when there are clearly lines visible. Last weekend I thought I'd test out my emergency assist thing...where if you don't touch the steering wheel for 30sec or so, it starts beeping at you, then brake tests you, then pulls you over.

I got it to the point where it beeped at me several times, then basically just gave up and kept driving straight. It didn't pull over or do a brake test. But also the lane guidance dropped out at that point so I'm not sure if maybe it needs the lane guidance to pull over safely.

I've had it where I've been in traffic and it'll start proximity beeping at me like the car that pulled up next to me is way too close, when in actual fact they are over in their lane and the expected distance away.

And yep - I get the proximity beeps when pulling into a park space where there is a stopper. I find that it will detect it until you put the nose of the car over it and then it disappears.
    My car: MY18 Arteon
    My car #2: MY22 Volvo XC40 Pure Electric
    Her car: MY22 Skoda Octavia Limited Edition Wagon

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I've wanted to try as well. Just note, I watch a review and they had to reset the car by pulling the battery before it would drive again.

Good to know I'm not the only one getting False Positives.
    Arteon & T-Roc

Users Country Flag
    The worst false pos is when you are doing like 100 kph and it decided you need to brake NOW for no reason other than it thinks your about to hit something thats not there and promptly starts braking automatically and you have to hit the accelerator to stop the person behind you plowing into you! Three occurances in 18k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Speed sign override whilst driving under ACC- I set it for 80 in an 80 zone, approached reduced speed signs showing 60...nada.. didn’t acknowledge them at all... thought the Australian version was supposed to be able to read these and adjust speed/warn accordingly..far from a deal breaker but even so...

Quote Originally Posted by LRDV8R View Post
    Speed sign override whilst driving under ACC- I set it for 80 in an 80 zone, approached reduced speed signs showing 60...nada.. didn’t acknowledge them at all... thought the Australian version was supposed to be able to read these and adjust speed/warn accordingly..far from a deal breaker but even so...
    What I read, that part of the ACC is limited to the European market.

I don't think even the US has the ACC function for reading and then acting on speed signs.

Users Country Flag
    Ok so you know what thing that I've had happen multiple times now....

The media unit will falsely recognise a swipe action when I do something like move my hand up to use the indicator. Or when I move my hand off the steering wheel down to the gear shifter to put it in sport or manual mode etc.

This causes the performance monitors to change to the lap timer. Or.... much more annoyingly, will change to the next track of music when in the media player.

/That is all.
    My car: MY18 Arteon
    My car #2: MY22 Volvo XC40 Pure Electric
    Her car: MY22 Skoda Octavia Limited Edition Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by DreamensioN View Post

The media unit will falsely recognise a swipe action when I do something like move my hand up to use the indicator. Or when I move my hand off the steering wheel down to the gear shifter to put it in sport or manual mode etc.

This causes the performance monitors to change to the lap timer. Or.... much more annoyingly, will change to the next track of music when in the media player.

/That is all.
    Hahaha, so I'm not the only one who has had more than a couple mystery hand gestures recognised by the head unit

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamensioN View Post

/That is all.
    Yep, I find the same thing annoying. I've actually turned off the swipe action altogether. Was cool to show folks when they first got into the car but now it seems kinda w@nk......
    Last edited by DAS AUTO; 19-05-2018 at 05:18 PM.
    2018 Arteon
    For Sale - VIC number plates for your Golf - MKVI

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Paul de Vere View Post
    Hahaha, so I'm not the only one who has had more than a couple mystery hand gestures recognised by the head unit
    Does it work when you actually need it?

It doesn't work very well when I try to use it........ Let alone when I'm not using it.
    Arteon & T-Roc

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast