Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Arteon quirks (vs other models)

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DreamensioN View Post
    Anybody else get air/wind noise like the drivers door isn't sealed properly when doing 100kph?

I haven't into it in any great detail - but it's just something I've noticed. Like the rubber isn't sealing 100% and I get wind/air leak noise at high speed.
    Yes! Mine lets out an awful whistling noise, and is prevalent even at lower speeds, or when the wind is blowing in the right direction... I'm still trying to figure out exactly what's causing it.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    That's the turbo spooling /sarcasm

I don't think I get that, but my drivers side window has a creak when closed (not present when window is opened). I'm yet to talk to Dealership.
    Arteon & T-Roc

Users Country Flag
    I've found that if I select SPORT mode, then stop the car, park and get back into it... the mode still says 'sport' but the dash console shows 'D1-D7' and is definately NOT sport shifting... I have to press the 'SPORT' mode again... I do have the AUDI MOD on so I'll deactivate that and see if it still does it...

Users Country Flag
    That's the same behaviour in the Skoda aswell. I think it's the default. Pretty sure mine did it before the Audi mod too.
    My car: MY18 Arteon
    My car #2: MY22 Volvo XC40 Pure Electric
    Her car: MY22 Skoda Octavia Limited Edition Wagon

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Yeah, default behavior. Happens in the Golf R as well.
    Arteon & T-Roc

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by HiddenTaco View Post
    Yeah, default behavior. Happens in the Golf R as well.
    Thanks DreamensioN & HiddenTaco- good to know!

Users Country Flag
    Okay....1 weeks ownership and I am still learning my way around, but there are few things that I am finding weird/annoying and I am thinking a thread covering Arteon Quirks might be the right place to ask people smarter than me.
    I am coming from a Jeep Grand Cherokee and no matter what you might think of them, the Uconnect infotainment system they have is pretty good, though admittedly not as feature rich as the VW system. Non the less, perhaps someone can shed some light on the following:
    1. The launch control is a pretty cool party trick, and while not something I expect to use often, it would be nice to be able to get to it quickly when I want to. As it requires traction control to be off, is there any way to disable the traction control without having to dive into menus and submenus?
    2. (More of a whinge this one)What happened to the DAB? I buy a model with upgraded audio in 2018 and it doesn't have digital radio , and the moaners annual even shows me how to select it? Madness. The standard radio in my Jeep had DAB in 2014.

Other than these and a few other minor complaints, it is an awesome car, loving it.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowalski View Post
    2. (More of a whinge this one)What happened to the DAB? I buy a model with upgraded audio in 2018 and it doesn't have digital radio , and the moaners annual even shows me how to select it? Madness. The standard radio in my Jeep had DAB in 2014.

^this. Before buying the Arteon I messaged VW Australia on Facebook asking if DAB+ radio would be included. They confirmed it was not. It's available in the Arteon in overseas models, but it was dropped off Australian spec vehicles.

For me personally it's not a huge issue, and DAB coverage is limited in all major Australian cities, but it would have been nice to have.
    My car: MY18 Arteon
    My car #2: MY22 Volvo XC40 Pure Electric
    Her car: MY22 Skoda Octavia Limited Edition Wagon

Users Country Flag
    Yeah....to be fair I knew it didn't have it when I bought the car, just seems like a dumb decision by VWA to de-spec it. DAB coverage is actually really good in Melbourne, or at least in the parts of it that I frequent and there is a noticeable improvement in sound quality. Still, there is lots to love about the car so not a deal breaker...

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kowalski View Post
    Okay.
    , is there any way to disable the traction control without having to dive into menus and submenus?
    I just press the traction button down (to the left of the shifter) for several seconds until the cockpit screen indicates ESC is unavailable- launch control activated.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast