Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Arteon quirks (vs other models)

Users Country Flag

Put 2 Arteons next to each other to check sensory bounce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by HiddenTaco View Post

Has anyone else felt like the car doesn't detect stationary cars well?
    Yes, I've let the car roll forward a couple of times in stationery queues and my nerve has broken leading me to touch the brakes before the car has stopped.. in moving traffic it seems to call out the collision warning but MUCH later than previous vehicles I've owned with this technology.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by LRDV8R View Post
    Yes, I've let the car roll forward a couple of times in stationery queues and my nerve has broken leading me to touch the brakes before the car has stopped.. in moving traffic it seems to call out the collision warning but MUCH later than previous vehicles I've owned with this technology.
    Thanks. Not just me then.

Another quirk is that the HUD Cruise Control distance indication is not very intuitive (or I'm a bit dumb).... On the HUD it adds bars as you press the button which I thought meant you were lessening the gap between the bars and the car ahead. Wrong! The more bars the further away it will maintain.

It was only after seeing it in the AID did it click in my brain.
    Arteon & T-Roc

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DAS AUTO View Post
    Thanks Guys, great incite. I definitely agree on the subjective nature of the listening audience. It's interesting too how my tastes have changed as I've gotten older.
    I'm going to go back to 'authentic' and give that a go. I'm sure I can find that sweet spot.

I have something else in the works to address the levels of sound in the 30 - 150 Hz range......stay tuned

I listen to a lot of electronic music. Older people might call it "doof doof" music.

I have my settings on this:
    Dolby Pro Logic = On
    Sound type Dynamic = Selected

Custom settings:
    Treble = +6

Middle = +5

Bass = -3

Subwoofer = +7

I find that sounds best to me for the music I listen to. It cleans up the bass a lot and lets the subwoofer do most of the bass notes and the "punch" from kick drums etc. It also adds brightness to the top end.
    My car: MY18 Arteon
    My car #2: MY22 Volvo XC40 Pure Electric
    Her car: MY22 Skoda Octavia Limited Edition Wagon

Users Country Flag
    Have you adjusted the setting for the alert?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Excellent question- currently set on medium.. maybe I'll set it to far and try it out.. see if activates any more often..

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DAS AUTO View Post
    Thanks Guys, great insight. I definitely agree on the subjective nature of the listening audience. It's interesting too how my tastes have changed as I've gotten older.
    I'm going to go back to 'authentic' and give that a go. I'm sure I can find that sweet spot.

I have something else in the works to address the levels of sound in the 30 - 150 Hz range......stay tuned

Had to break out some old "Kerfing" skills to create the round enclosure.
    Dropped in the factory Dyn sub while I'm waiting for the Kicker to arrive from 'merica...Noticeable difference with just a larger enclosure - 18.7 litres. Much better lows and bigger output.

Stage 2 next weekend fingers crossed
    2018 Arteon
    For Sale - VIC number plates for your Golf - MKVI

Users Country Flag
    I'll admit it... I had to google 'Kerfing'... I've only ever built square sub-boxes.. I'm assuming the 18 litre enclosure sits within the design perimeters for the subwoofer you're ordering- are you matching the ohms and watts rating to what's provided for the factory unit or are you amplifying as well?

Users Country Flag
    I'll admit it... I had to google 'Kerfing'... I've only ever built square sub-boxes.. I'm assuming the 18 litre enclosure sits within the design perimeters for the subwoofer you're ordering- are you matching the ohms and watts rating to what's provided for the factory unit or are you amplifying as well?
    Yeah the sub that’s coming has a recommended enclosure volume range from 5 to 21 litres. I’ve gone with the dual 2 ohm voice coil unit to be the same as the factory Dynaudio sub so as to retain the factory amp.
    Not sure on the max power output of the Dynaudio amp but it think it’ll be plenty.

Overall plan is to keep the car as close to stock as possible so that I can reverse any changes and keep full use of the spare tire and boot space. In my younger years running 2 gauge down a car to power a multiple amp racks and 12 inch subs would be a given...hopefully my current plans will be enough for a little while.
    2018 Arteon
    For Sale - VIC number plates for your Golf - MKVI

Users Country Flag

Anybody else get air/wind noise like the drivers door isn't sealed properly when doing 100kph?

I haven't into it in any great detail - but it's just something I've noticed. Like the rubber isn't sealing 100% and I get wind/air leak noise at high speed.
    My car: MY18 Arteon
    My car #2: MY22 Volvo XC40 Pure Electric
    Her car: MY22 Skoda Octavia Limited Edition Wagon

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast