Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sequential side indicators

Users Country Flag

Thanks for the heads-up Nemal. I’ve grabbed a set from Amazon for $120 with free expedited delivery which is a bargain. They are due to arrive mid- August.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by petemac110 View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up Nemal. I’ve grabbed a set from Amazon for $120 with free expedited delivery which is a bargain. They are due to arrive mid- August.
    Awesome =) Let me know how you go. The mirror cap clips can be a little tricky too, but there should be videos out there.

BTW - I recommend a set of plastic trim tools for the mirror removal. These can be found at supercheap/autobarn etc and are relatively cheap. They are really handy for any trim work - like removing inner door cards to fix your door handle that your wife accidentally popped out of the door =S

Sequential side indicators-51im7zjuexl-_ac_sl1000_-jpg
    Last edited by nermal; 23-07-2022 at 07:11 AM.
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post
    Awesome =) Let me know how you go. The mirror cap clips can be a little tricky too, but there should be videos out there.

BTW - I recommend a set of plastic trim tools for the mirror removal. These can be found at supercheap/autobarn etc and are relatively cheap. They are really handy for any trim work - like removing inner door cards to fix your door handle that your wife accidentally popped out of the door =S

Sequential side indicators-51im7zjuexl-_ac_sl1000_-jpg
    Thanks for the tips!

I bought a trim removal kit recently as I’ll be removing the door trims and applying some sound deadening soon as part of an audio upgrade, so I’m all set!

I’ve seen some people use large suction cups to help with the mirror removal - I might have some lying around.

Thanks for the tips!

I bought a trim removal kit recently as I’ll be removing the door trims and applying some sound deadening soon as part of an audio upgrade, so I’m all set!

I’ve seen some people use large suction cups to help with the mirror removal - I might have some lying around.
    Suction caps are an interesting idea.. the mirror is held in with 4x sets of clips on the ring. The trick it to get them to release while applying gentle outward pressure (ie. suction cap). You need to tilt the mirror all the way down to get in behind it.

There are two mirror cap clips. The inner one is relatively easy to unclip (while applying gentle pressure), where the outer one (road side) was more tricky - I found twisting a flat blade screwdriver to hold it open helped.

The indicators come with instructions that show which screws to loosen/remove. They didn't show the indicator clip though, which is at the inside bottom of the indicator light.

Anyhow, best of luck with it - it's relatively easy, hopefully my experience may just save you little time figuring it out for yourself.
    Last edited by nermal; 23-07-2022 at 12:32 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for the tips - greatly appreciated!

Users Country Flag
    Looks terrific, well done.

Who did you get to paint your callipers red? Any chance you can post a closer photo of those so that I can see what it looks like?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by SHANEO79 View Post

Who did you get to paint your callipers red? Any chance you can post a closer photo of those so that I can see what it looks like?
    The secret is in his signature line:

Stage 3 380mm VWR Brakes

Pics here:

Arteon Brake upgrade - Page 4 (vwwatercooled.com.au)

Users Country Flag
    My OSRAM indicators arrived today. Installation took about half an hour thanks to nermal's tips, plus I also purchased a pair of suction cups to make the job of removing the mirror glass even easier:

2PCS Mini Dent Puller Car Bodywork Panel Suction Cup Repair Fix Removal Tool | eBay

The build quality is excellent - truly OEM quality or better. Perfect fitment, plug and play.

I never noticed how dim the original items were until I compared them back to back with the OSRAM replacements.

Below is a short video showing the difference.

Passat B8 OSRAM dynamic LED indicators before and after - YouTube

Below is a short video showing the difference.

Passat B8 OSRAM dynamic LED indicators before and after - YouTube

Very nice - thanks for posting the great video.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post
    Very nice - thanks for posting the great video.
    No worries, and thanks again for the heads-up on these little beauties!

I reckon they are a no-brainer at the current amazon price vs the aliexpress equivalent, particularly given the five year warranty, the testing they've been through regarding waterproofing, and also the use of UV resistant plastic. I wouldn't want to repeat the job over and over due to failing or leaking parts or discoloured plastic lenses.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast