Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sequential side indicators

Users Country Flag

Sequential side indicators

I came across some options for plug'n'play side mirror indicators with the sequential/progressive feature (like the tail indicators).

Has anyone fitted these before? Are they any good?

If they end up being crappy, then I guess I can always just refit the OEM ones.. just want to check if worthwhile or not.

Anyhow here's a photo to show what I'm talking about: Sequential side indicators-s-l400-1-jpg
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Let my impatience (err... adhd) get the better of me and decided to just go ahead and order some =D

Found some quality OSRAM units selling in Europe at around 2-3x the price of cheaper ebay options.

LEDriving DMI for VW Passat B8 | OSRAM Automotive

Looks like they should be durable: OSRAM Quality Testing LEDriving dynamic Mirror Indicator (EN) - YouTube

Now, I just have hurry up and wait 2-3 weeks for them to arrive from the UK - will post results once they're installed.
    Last edited by nermal; 14-05-2022 at 01:51 PM.
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits

Looking forward to seeing how they turn out!
    Golf 7R | 5 Door | Limestone Grey | DSG | Sunroof | Leather | Driver Assist | Tint | Formerly GTi11.5

Users Country Flag
    Being Osram, I suspect those will be a pretty good quality part. Nice find!
    Nothing to see here...

OSRAM indicators have finally shipped - arriving in a couple of weeks. I thought 4-6 week dispatch from the UK was just an amazon glitch...

Ordered a second set while I was waiting, so will probably end up with a spare set.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post
    OSRAM indicators have finally shipped - arriving in a couple of weeks. I thought 4-6 week dispatch from the UK was just an amazon glitch...

Ordered a second set while I was waiting, so will probably end up with a spare set.
    I suspect the delays are down to the global silicon chip shortage - pretty much anything with modern electronic components in it is on production delays at present, and that then impacts on availability...
    Nothing to see here...

These bad boys arrived today. I'm planning to install them over the weekend, though the instruction say to remove the mirrors (glass), which is a little scary =S

Sequential side indicators-20220715_131519-jpg Sequential side indicators-20220715_131722-jpg

Packaging says Arteon 2017+ all over it and lifetime of 5000 hous. I have a 2nd set on order and due to arrive Aug/Sept. Amazon now have them for ~A$135 (previously ~A$195)

Users Country Flag
    Very nice indeed and as mentioned earlier, being Osram they'll be v good. I put some on the R36 some years (not Osram though) back and I think I'd remember having to remove the glass on those , but maybe I've blocked it out...

You may have already done so, but have a look at some Euro forums and vids - I'd be sure it's been done there...

Best of luck
    R36 Wagon MY2010.5: Biscay Blue| Dynaudio and Nav| RVC| VW tow bar|
    Mod highlights:
    ECU and DSG Tune| 3AA CCM and 7N0 Gateway| 3D colour MFD| MIB2 retrofit and 7N0 RVC| Quad LED tail, brake and indicator rings| Zimmermann Sportbrake rotors, composite pads| TPMS High| 2Q0 Blind Spot and RCTA| B8 rearview mirror|

Installed them this afternoon and really happy with the results.

It took around 45mins to do both - I was really careful with the glass mirrors, though they're relatively tough and have plastic backing that provides extra support.

Sequential side indicators-20220722_163847-jpg

Sequential side indicators-20220722_165826-jpg

The fit is perfect, as good if not better than OEM

Sequential side indicators-20220722_173318-jpg

Sequential side indicators-20220722_173334-jpg

I have taken video, but not sure how to post (please halp!). Have converted a 45Mb mp4 file to a ~4Mb gif in case that helps.. keep getting "invalid file" when trying the gif though

In the meantime, here's a grainy giphy link =P

https://giphy.com/gifs/ntQgt68cfBTdR5xOFq

Last edited by nermal; 22-07-2022 at 07:44 PM.

I like it, nice touch! Thanks for posting up the results.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast